The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Harrison

Thank you Ray! The picture is gorgeous.
It's great to hear the Park is opened.
I live in Englewood, just south of the Cherry Creek State Park. We should get together sometimes after getting the vaccines.

Stay safe!

All the best!
Happy New Year!

Pramote
That would be terrific indeed! I can't wait to connect with real humans again:).

Cheers and a Happy New Year to you and to us all.

drevil

Staff member
I was on a very very frosty walk through the forbidden city two days ago, over night we got strong winter storms from mongolia, cooled down beijing to -10 degree at day time, but that meant also to have blue sky.
Both images are made with the GFX100 and 23mm

Greg Haag

Going thru and cleaning up my files and ran across this. I had been wanting to go to Monument Valley, specifically to Hunts Mesa, and had a 24 window of time on my way to a conference in Las Vegas. Monument Valley is on a Navajo Indian reservation and many of the locations, such as Hunts Mesa, require hiring a guide. So I had it all lined up, we would meet early that morning and photograph some things along the way and camp that night at Hunts Mesa, giving me sunset and sunrise there. So I woke up early excited about the day and as the sun came up this is what I saw, the guide and I hung around at the lodge until about 10:30 until he finally pulled the plug on the trip. Disappointed, I got in my car and drove to Las Vegas, I hope to make it back someday.

Cambo WRS-1600 IQ3 100 Rodenstock 32mm

Monument Valley.jpg

Going thru and cleaning up my files and ran across this. I had been wanting to go to Monument Valley, specifically to Hunts Mesa, and had a 24 window of time on my way to a conference in Las Vegas. Monument Valley is on a Navajo Indian reservation and many of the locations, such as Hunts Mesa, require hiring a guide. So I had it all lined up, we would meet early that morning and photograph some things along the way and camp that night at Hunts Mesa, giving me sunset and sunrise there. So I woke up early excited about the day and as the sun came up this is what I saw, the guide and I hung around at the lodge until about 10:30 until he finally pulled the plug on the trip. Disappointed, I got in my car and drove to Las Vegas, I hope to make it back someday.

View attachment 180081
Wow, that is very cool.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've had both the Mamiya/SK 75-150mmm and SK 75-150mm F4-5.6 AF LS
It turned out I brought the no-LS lens with me most of the time due to weight.
This picture was taken with the old Mamiya 75-150mm (non LS). I am not a professional, but with my eyes, the non-LS lens produces great IQ although I've never compared side-by-side between both of them. I have something else to do with my life :)
From what I've heard, Phase One's just changed the outlook of the lenses (make it heavier and heavier) but not lens design.
Again, from what I've heard, the BR with new lens designs are only the 35mm, 45mm. The 150mm f/2.8 is debatable.
Phase One, hear me, make the lenses lighter for landscape photographers. Hasselblad can do it, you can do it !!! I think you are on the wrong path for landscape photography.
I'm getting older. One day I may have to do the same as other fellow landscape photographers do, sell the XF system!
Or you could give in to Dante and buy the XT. Much lighter.....and you'll have a much lighter wallet too!

Kinya28

Diner along Route 66,

After several nights of camping and hiking in the wild, we took a rest at Santa Fe for couple nights. Didn't plan to take any picture but can't pass when I encountered this photogenic scene. Atomsphare was fantastic, quality of meal was just alright.

PhaseOne IQ4-150/ Cambo WRS-1600/ HR40mm/P0001084m2.jpgP0001080m-IG.jpg Focus stacked

drevil

Staff member

View attachment 180081
cant really see what to be disappointed about, amazing once in a lifetime view

jng

Towering Moon
P12_29_2020_25974_C1-1-FrameShop_1.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ3100 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11

December's Cold Moon as it rises above the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. This is my last post of 2020. What a strange and challenging year it's been. Best wishes to all for a healthy and prosperous 2021!

John

P. Chong

Happy New Year to all!

Just a quick one for today. Still on the subject of the recent addition of the Singapore hawker culture onto the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity list under the United Nations. Here is a rather famous former hawker. the stall is known as Ah Pui Satay. Ah Pui literally translates to Fatso. He used to ply the streets in his push cart, but is now permanently installed in a heritage building - the former Police barracks at Pearl Hill Terrace. The dish being prepared is satay, a skewered meat barbecued over charcoal and served with a peanut sauce. Ah Pui himself is not being photographed, he is only present to cook in the evenings, but one of his cooks. The small stall is so popular that bookings are now being taken for April 2021.

satay1.jpg

Photographed in Acros 100 (expired December 2019, but kept in deep freeze from 2017) with Hasselblad H3D-HM16-32 with HC 3.5-4.5/50-110 lens. Developed with Ilford chemicals. And "scanned" with the same H3D but with the 39Mp digital back with HC 4/120 Macro lens. Converted in Ps2020.

FloatingLens

View attachment 180081
Amazing imagery!

LCValla

So 2 weeks ago, I turned my Macbook Pro off and it died and would not startup (I have sent to apple, but that’s another story). So this morning I got my iMac Pro in and started setting everything up, got Captrue One Pro installed and blended two frame averaged images of yesterdays sunrise together. It was one of those mornings where it was almost an explosion of color but never quite made it. This is a blend of two 1 minute frame averaged images. I have not calibrated the monitor yet so I hope the color looks ok. Merry Christas to everyone!

XF IQ4 150 32mm
View attachment 179845
beautiful picture!
but how did you managed to use a 32 on the XF?

Greg Haag

beautiful picture!
but how did you managed to use a 32 on the XF?
Ahhh good catch, the 35mm and the XF are new to me! Up until a few weeks ago, everything was only Cambo 1600 w 32mm Rodenstock, I keep wanting to refer to the 35mm as a 32mm, sorry for the confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.