The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

Greg Haag

Here are some BTS shots form last nights shoot as well as an unfinished version of the image.

GWagon BTS-1.jpgGWagon BTS-2.jpgGWagon BTS-3.jpg

All images of lighting vehicle are shot with the black fabric to help prevent light contamination from the wall. Once all images are complete, I take the fabric down then light and photograph the wall separately.
GWagon BTS-4.jpg

Unfinished version, among other things the reflection on the floor from the wall looks like icicles hanging from underneath the vehicle.
I find the black or very dark vehicles so much more of a challenge to light.

XF IQ4 150 55mm 28 image composite (so far)
GWagon small-1.jpg

Greg Haag

Here is a behind the scene shot of last nights shook of a 1969 Yenko Camaro and a shot of this actual car in a race in 1972. The Yenko Super Camaro was a modified Chevrolet Camaro prepared by Yenko Chevrolet, developed by the dealership owner and racer, Don Yenko. When the Camaro debuted, apparently General Motors limited it from carrying an engine larger than 400 in³ (6.6 L) V8. Don Yenko and others apparently knew there was a market for a more powerful Camaro and found ways around the GM limit, hence the birth of the Yenko Super Camera in 1967. The model you are seeing is the 1969.

1969 Yenko Camaro-2.jpg1969 Yenko Camaro-3.jpg

huyu

Here is a behind the scene shot of last nights shook of a 1969 Yenko Camaro and a shot of this actual car in a race in 1972. The Yenko Super Camaro was a modified Chevrolet Camaro prepared by Yenko Chevrolet, developed by the dealership owner and racer, Don Yenko. When the Camaro debuted, apparently General Motors limited it from carrying an engine larger than 400 in³ (6.6 L) V8. Don Yenko and others apparently knew there was a market for a more powerful Camaro and found ways around the GM limit, hence the birth of the Yenko Super Camera in 1967. The model you are seeing is the 1969.

View attachment 180143View attachment 180144
How do you shoot these car? I don't see any light/strobe in the BTS

Greg Haag

How do you shoot these car? I don't see any light/strobe in the BTS
It is all hand lit with various LED continuous lights and blended together in photoshop. We are shooting another car Sunday night and I will do my best to remember and shoot an image of the various LED lights.

huyu

It is all hand lit with various LED continuous lights and blended together in photoshop. We are shooting another car Sunday night and I will do my best to remember and shoot an image of the various LED lights.
That’s what I thought! Light painting!