The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

anyone

GFX 50R + Leitz Telyt-R 250mm
Lovely cityscapes! It seems you use pretty much all Leica R lenses on your GFX. Would it be possible to share your opinions and insights about them? Would be great to hear your opinions on sharpness and coverage of the GFX sensor.

I have some R-glass but always stayed away from the longer focal lengths as I had once an Apo-Telyt-R 180mm that was quite a bit worse than its Canon equivalent, even at landscape images.

Thank you!

Satrycon

i have only 2 R lenses, the 180 elmarit R v2 and telyt R 250mm, they work perfectly, no vignetting, single R>G adapter [important]
the 250 obviously needs 1/1000th handheld to stay sharp as its so heavy, literally need to exhale and press the shutter like a rifle !

on the M lens side, the 50 summilux asph and 90 APO summicron work perfectly, slight "soft" vignette at certain apertures which can easily be killed in LR or C1, again a single M>G novoflex adapter [important]

the M lenses are bitingly sharp, the 50 does show a tiny bit of smearing in the extreme corners but generally i dont use the extreme corners anyways

ElCan 90 summicron LTM [1958] has a tiny bit of soft vignetting up to 5.6 then it becomes a "hard" vignette which needs cropping, again i dont care much as i usually shoot at 2.8 with that lens

the GFX with manual focus+peaking is great

here is an example: Between f4 and f8, ISO 125, 1/500th, FULL 8256x6192 resized to 1280, jpg from camera, acros red, gfx50r+leica 50mm summilux ASPH/Osaka

In_camera_GFX6484.jpg

Lovely cityscapes! It seems you use pretty much all Leica R lenses on your GFX. Would it be possible to share your opinions and insights about them? Would be great to hear your opinions on sharpness and coverage of the GFX sensor.

I have some R-glass but always stayed away from the longer focal lengths as I had once an Apo-Telyt-R 180mm that was quite a bit worse than its Canon equivalent, even at landscape images.

Thank you!

Last edited:

P. Chong

Just for grins, we put the Leica APO Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH with Novoflex adapter. on the GFX 100S, and the vignette is a rather interesting oblong shaped one.

victor-full.jpg

But where it is in focus, it is bitingly sharp. 100% crop.

victor-crop-eye.jpg

Satrycon

interstingly the APO summicron M 50 also vignettes on the GFX50R, but the summilux 50 ASPh barely has any vignette