The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sold! 28mm super digitar xl with center filter.

f8orbust

Say someone has a lens like this to sell and looks on the forum for a 'sale' price as a guide, then this thread's not going to be much use is it?
Equally, a potential buyer isn't going to find it useful in terms of what the market value currently is, are they?
So you sold the lens - good for you - but the 'forum' didn't benefit from the thread one bit.
Bottom line is that the rules say you must state a price. It's always been that way, and hopefully it always will.
What would make the transgression worse would be if you were a commercial vendor freeloading off the B&S section rather than placing a paid ad on the site.
Wait a second ... 'Cambo WRS' ... located in 'Holland' ... surely not? :unsure:

Cambo wrs

Say someone has a lens like this to sell and looks on the forum for a 'sale' price as a guide, then this thread's not going to be much use is it?
Equally, a potential buyer isn't going to find it useful in terms of what the market value currently is, are they?
So you sold the lens - good for you - but the 'forum' didn't benefit from the thread one bit.
Bottom line is that the rules say you must state a price. It's always been that way, and hopefully it always will.
What would make the transgression worse would be if you were a commercial vendor freeloading off the B&S section rather than placing a paid ad on the site.
Sorry my mistake, it was my first post on this site. How do I remove it quickly?
I am not a commercial seller. It's a lens that I don't use often. kind regards Martin

Cambo

No, it wasn't us.

Cambo wrs

The lens is sold for 1750 euro complete with the center filter. Special edition for Cambo in anodized silver.
I am no commercial seller but I am downsizing in equipment because I bought a rodenstock 23 mm

f8orbust

All's well that ends well (y)

(And for 1750 euros with the center filter it ended amazingly well for someone out there - you don't have another one do you ;)).

Last edited:

Cambo wrs

Hi, there is another lens like this on a german site called Ebay kleinanzeigen. But no centerfilter.. You really need one with this lens.
regards, Martin

f8orbust

Well, you live and learn don't you?

Never in a million years would I have thought to look on the classified section of eBay for a lens like this. A bit like looking on Craigslist for a Bugatti Veyron.

Reactions: med

buildbot

It’s risky indeed and one needs to be extra careful.
For the seller maybe, but honestly as a buyer on eBay you can basically return anything. I've had a few things over 3K show up as random pieces of junk instead, eBay refunded me within days each time. Selling on eBay can be very risky.

tcdeveau

For the seller maybe, but honestly as a buyer on eBay you can basically return anything. I've had a few things over 3K show up as random pieces of junk instead, eBay refunded me within days each time. Selling on eBay can be very risky.
Yeah eBay puts most of the risk on the seller. As the buyer you just have to say not as described and you can return it. During COVID even they extended that time period to 30 days from what was 14 days or something, so when I sold my 907x via ebay, I had to hang on to the buyers $$ for a month and hold my breath., even though I knew it was as-described when I sent it out and said "no returns".

anyone

On classifieds there is 0 buyer protection. It is risky! Don't let the brand eBay fool you there. Classifieds and the auction site are two very distinct things, operated in a different manner. Ebay is somewhat curated with buyer protection if you pay via paypal. The classifieds are simply a board where people can post things. There is no curation, no buyer protection. I am always super careful there.

Also on ebay, one needs to look carefully at the terms. Had my share of bad experiences.... Possibly there are differences between countries, but here in Germany, paying via Paypal is not necessarily the default option. Without Paypal, there is no buyer protection. Just have this case right now with a Leica lens I bought and I just hope it will arrive.

Last edited:

FloatingLens

Also on ebay, one needs to look carefully at the terms. Had my share of bad experiences.... Possibly there are differences between countries, but here in Germany, paying via Paypal is not necessarily the default option. Without Paypal, there is no buyer protection. Just have this case right now with a Leica lens I bought and I just hope it will arrive.
Anyone, did it work out? Caution is advised for ebay auctions with bank transfer only. Particularly from foreign countries.