The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

jng

Fiat Lux, Redux
P04_11_2021_0739_1m20s-AFA_8x10_40-20-sharpen-focus-1-FrameShop.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 13s | 1min20sec Automated Frame Average​

Another perspective of Berkeley's iconic Campanile and very different conditions compared to my most recent post. It's been years since I last ventured up to this location and it was nice to see that the trees hadn't obscured the view. I enjoyed the beautiful bells of the carillon when the clock struck 8 o'clock, just a few minutes before capturing this image. It was nice to be out and about and to breathe in the scents of the chaparral of the Berkeley Hills. And yes there's a bridge out there in the distance if you look closely!

John

Last edited:

dave.gt

Between freezing weather and an EF4 tornado since my last post, I was unsure if Spring would allow for much floral splendor this year. But I should never doubt the indefatigable spirit of Nature.

Everywhere I look around here, azaleas are in full bloom and Spring color is gorgeous.

I walked out to the mailbox a few minutes ago and found the first Clematis blooms opening!

This is the first one for this year to be fully open:

Leica S 006
Vario 30-90mm:
First Clematis Bloom by Leica S April 2021 8x8.jpeg

tsjanik

This image looked a bit like water to me, so I took it more in that direction.

Death Valley, Mesquite Flat Dunes
Cambo 1600 IQ4 150 Rodenstock 90mm
View attachment 184011
Very interesting. Looks like a liquid metal. It reminds me of an image I posted a few weeks ago of a Lesser Scaup during very high winds in a local harbor in which there's a metallic appearance to the water. (Cropped to emphasize the texture)._IMG3736 copy.jpg

Kinya28

Toroweap Day1, Grand Canyon, AZ

Toroweap is one of my favorite location in Southwest. At 3,000ft (900m) adobe Cororado River, sheer drop walls and river at the bottom proved super photogenic views.
Always made me feel special at here but my last visit was super special. I found only my car at the night I spent at 100ft from the rim.

Fuji GFX100s/ 23mm/ LaDSCF1413m.jpg_DSF1344m2.jpgowa 17mm

Greg Haag

Toroweap Day1, Grand Canyon, AZ

Toroweap is one of my favorite location in Southwest. At 3,000ft (900m) adobe Cororado River, sheer drop walls and river at the bottom proved super photogenic views.
Always made me feel special at here but my last visit was super special. I found only my car at the night I spent at 100ft from the rim.

Fuji GFX100s/ 23mm/ LaView attachment 184149View attachment 184150owa 17mm
Beautiful image Kinya! I love visiting the Grand Canyon, but I have found it hard to capture the majesty, wonderful image!

P. Chong

Missing Tokyo. Big time.

Here, a photograph of my favourite Omakase sushi-ya in Shibuya. A small eatery run by the husband and wife team. Nihon-shu (sake - Japanese rice wine) is mandatory here. Yajima-san (the owner shown here), insists. Everything is done to make the maximum experience from the sushi. From the very limited seating (I think 8 pax max), available only with reservation - no walk-ins. To the location in the basement of an office building with low ceilings. And the superb, superb sushi, bought fresh every morning by Yajima-san himself. And his insistence that you eat the sushi immediately as he places it on your plate - "Eat! Now!". as I took his photograph.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HCD 4/28.

chef-yajima-bw.jpg