The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

diggles

Recent photoshoot for a steel fabrication client. During this photo session I took various pictures with the 23mm, 32-64mm, 110mm, and 120mm macro. These three images ended out being my favorites. All of them are taken with the 120mm on the Fuji GFX 100s.

_GFZ0264.jpg_GFZ0282.jpg_GFZ0302.jpg

scho

A few garden lens test shots with the GFX 100s and the GF 32-64 and GF 23 that fill out the wide end of my lens kit.

Blue Bells 32-64@50mm f/7.1

Rusty iron and white daisies 32-64 @ 46mm f/7.1

deck entrance, 23/4 @f/16

Oxalis 23/4 @ f/16

Ed Hurst

Apologies for the large number of images in this specific post, but just to give a flavour of the action involved... Note how the clothing gets progressively wetter!

_IMG5472_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5473_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5478_Step3Flat_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5480_Step3FlatCrop_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5487_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5491_Step3Flat_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5497_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5500_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5505_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
_IMG5507_Step1OriginalARGB_FromTIFFs by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

diggles

Warren, I love these shots. The compositions, tones, lighting, subject detail, and background blur/bokeh are all very pleasing. Congratulations!

I need to take a lesson from you on b&w conversion.

Joe
Hey Joe,

That is very kind of you to say. I really appreciate the positive feedback!

B&W conversion is something I've always struggled with, so I'm really liking Fuji's profiles. This is processed using the ACROS setting.

Warren

KC_2020

This is processed using the ACROS setting.
I saw the Images and knew immediately that you had used the ACROS emulation. I shot hundreds of rolls of that stuff, still shooting it in fact. I think they really nailed the look.

The images are very nice. Hard to go wrong with B@W shots of a welders with sparks flying and anyone in broad window light.

nameBrandon

Yes indeed!

I'm really liking the Nostalgic Neg setting too.
One of my favorites as well! Anyone interested in recipes at all? I've come up with a few I like after playing around with X RAW Studio. Took me a while to realize the whole set of possibilities with recipes that are beyond just the standard film simulations.

Maybe I should start a dedicated thread for recipes over in the Fuji forum..

Mark C

I paid a visit to Hadrians wall in Northumberland earlier this week and finally got to give my new GFX100S a proper try. I took the GF 23mm which I used for the first shot and the GF 45mm for the second. Steel Rigg seen in the first image is bisected by Hadrians wall and, although a challenging climb, its worth it to see the remains of a Roman milecastle (a small military outpost) on the summit. Sycamore gap is named after the Sycamore tree which is growing on the wall over the far side of Steel Rigg. A definite contender for the title of 'Worlds most photographed tree'!

Steel Rigg by Mark, on Flickr

Sycamore gap by Mark, on Flickr