The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2021

Satrycon

Today I ventured South of 72nd Street! (I'm WAY too lazy to be a landscape/architecture photographer.) Again with the high camera PoV. I think I understand the point of a high camera with a wide angle lens. From eye-level, most of the frame is looking up. With the camera 8 feet in the air, you get a more symmetric treatment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Leica S3, 24/3.5.

Here's the underpass to the Bethesda Fountain.

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

And my favorite tree:

Untitled by Matthew Grayson, on Flickr

Best,

Matt
nice shots

jng

Foggy Pacific Sunset
P08_08_2021_1328_30s_AFA_4x6-FrameShop_small.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | SK120 ASPH | f/11 | 30s Automated Frame Average​

The month of August in the San Francisco Bay Area has so far been living up to its nickname "Fogust," perfect for my latest fog-chasing obsession. It was a treat to take in this sunset view yesterday evening from the foothills of Mt. Tamalpais (there's an ocean underneath all that fog, or so I've been told...).

John

jng

Twilight Fog
P08_08_2021_1391_1m00s_AFA_16x9_10-50-25-denoise-2-FrameShop_small.jpg
WRS 1250 | IQ4 150 | Zeiss 350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1m00s Automated Frame Average​

One more image from this past weekend's adventure chasing fog waves in Mount Tamalpais State Park in Marin County, California, taken just before the light dropped to nothingness.

John

diggles

Image taken for a lighting client who designed and installed this sweet home theater. Manual focus stacking and compositing. First shot was focused on the door, the rest were focused at the far corner of the room and included separate exposures of each lighting layer.

Fuji GFX 100s | GF 23mm @ f11
_GFX1390-1419.jpg