The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

JeffK

Pacific Spirit Park, high tide rolling in. Systematic GT5543LS with AS Z1 dp. STC w/150 and P1 IQ260A with 10stop ND, 3 stop soft grad, yellow-orange filter. I don't know who the person is looking for rocks.

Also post in tripod/head thread. And a cube would look so cool with this setup.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 5.30.52 PM.png
85108C6D-D123-4B7B-848F-6117F922BEF4.jpeg

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Pacific Spirit Park, high tide rolling in. Systematic GT5543LS with AS Z1 dp. STC w/150 and P1 IQ260A with 10stop ND, 3 stop soft grad, yellow-orange filter. I don't know who the person is looking for rocks.

Also post in tripod/head thread. And a cube would look so cool with this setup.

View attachment 188454
And the scene that this is behind? How did the image come out?

Matt

darr

I think this thread went off track a while ago. It use to be you showed the finished photo along with a shot of the setup at time of creation. Just showing the setup is not telling the whole story. I hope we can get back to the original idea of this thread.

PS: I do like looking at camera gear like everyone else! 😁

JeffK

I think this thread went off track a while ago. It use to be you showed the finished photo along with a shot of the setup at time of creation. Just showing the setup is not telling the whole story. I hope we can get back to the original idea of this thread.

PS: I do like looking at camera gear like everyone else! 😁
Good reminder, I added my shot to my post above

MGrayson

So... I went out to the Hazel wood... no! I went out to a) try a 300mm lens adapted for the Leica S and b) compare a few tripods and heads. It was overcast with no wind, so not a great test of the support equipment, nor of the fountain. As this is Behind the Scenes, I'll just show the winner. Gitzo GT5533LS and Acratech Pan head and leveler, Leica S(007), Hasselblad HC 300/4.5, some mediocre 6 stop filter (The lens has a 95mm thread), 12 seconds at f/22

And the overkill gear

(Different head here, but shows the tripod and lens better.)

More pointless blather in the Tripod and Head thread,

Matt

Last edited:

MGrayson

Huh. Well, this is going to be embarrassingly similar.

I showed this photo to my piano teacher and couldn't figure out how I was holding the phone :ROFLMAO:. So I had to do a behind the scenes for him.

Taken using the wonders of 12 second delay.

I realize now why I never liked long lenses. They were always wobbly! Sure, the GFX 100 with IBIS could do 1/10 second at 250mm, but not 1 second. Tripods never seemed to help. Not that I wasn't previously sold on overkill, but this hammered the point home.

Matt

Last edited:

jng

Nicely done! But we need a side-on view to fully appreciate the overkill-ness of your long lens rail. And I suppose that the 12 second delay also allowed the floor to stop shaking before the shutter tripped. :ROFLMAO:

John

MGrayson

Nicely done! But we need a side-on view to fully appreciate the overkill-ness of your long lens rail. And I suppose that the 12 second delay also allowed the floor to stop shaking before the shutter tripped. :ROFLMAO:

John
I warn you. It's a $49 rail, and worth every penny. It's stable enough, but an ergonomic nightmare. My favorite feature - it has bubble levels on the ends of the tightening knobs. They would only be useful if the whole rig were on its side. o_O. The RRS is on backorder. As for the floor, heck, we have a subway line under the building. That Gitzo is a monster.

VERY wide angle shot...

Matt

Last edited:

GeorgeBo

I'll contribute one from this weekend. Not a lot of autumn colors yet, but hopefully the cool air has finally arrived and that will change. I was able to get this shot in on Saturday afternoon right before the rains came in with a cold front (rain was coming in the background of this shot). This is with the GFX50S/Cambo Actus/Nikkor SW 65mm/4 combo and used in camera XPAN crop for framing.

G50S3155.jpg

DSC_0366-2.jpgDSC_0368.jpg

George