The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

darr

Hasselblad 501 CM + 80 CF + Fomapan 100 + Cinestill DF96

--

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am getting ready to shoot film for the next few months, and hope to be posting in this thread soon. First I need to run a bunch of test films through all my cameras. Above is a shot made in my backyard (my usual testing ground) on Fomapan 100. My first time trying this film and it is inexpensive compared to my favorites, but it does curl and may scratch easily as it has a thin base. Will try using a fixer with hardener next time when processing it to see if that helps at all. I like to use a combined developer/fixer when I know I will have a few batches of test films to process. This time I am giving Cinestill Df96 a whirl. It seems okay, but I have only ran five-120 and one-135 through it. Also looking forward to shooting a bit of the new ACROS II. Picked up 20 rolls from Adorama when they had their short-dated supply on sale. Thank you to everyone that contributes to this thread! ❤

Kind regards,
Darr

JeffK

--

I am getting ready to shoot film for the next few months, and hope to be posting in this thread soon. First I need to run a bunch of test films through all my cameras. Above is a shot made in my backyard (my usual testing ground) on Fomapan 100. My first time trying this film and it is inexpensive compared to my favorites, but it does curl and may scratch easily as it has a thin base. Will try using a fixer with hardener next time when processing it to see if that helps at all. I like to use a combined developer/fixer when I know I will have a few batches of test films to process. This time I am giving Cinestill Df96 a whirl. It seems okay, but I have only ran five-120 and one-135 through it. Also looking forward to shooting a bit of the new ACROS II. Picked up 20 rolls from Adorama when they had their short-dated supply on sale. Thank you to everyone that contributes to this thread! ❤

Kind regards,
Darr
My experience with Fomapan in 135 and 120 was the curl, so much curl when the film dried. Otherwise, affordable and decent results when I developed. I developed everything in Rodinal/blazinal at the time

darr

My experience with Fomapan in 135 and 120 was the curl, so much curl when the film dried. Otherwise, affordable and decent results when I developed. I developed everything in Rodinal/blazinal at the time

Thanks Jeff!
I keep a supply of Rodinal on hand and will give it a try. The film is so reasonably priced it would be nice to find the sweet spot for development.

dave.gt

--

Kind regards,
Darr
Darr, this is great news! :)

I am shooting a lot of black and white film lately (both 120 and 135) and I plan to shoot as much of the film in the freezer as I can.

(My DD-X and Rapid Fix may be out of date since I last used it a year ago. The Fixer is clear and smells fine. The DD-X has some orange globs on the inside top of the bottle so I poured it into a clear container and it is slightly yellow.)

I think I must order some more even if it isn't in the budget.

But I hope to have something to share fairly soon.:)

Last edited:

MartinN

I use Fomapan 100 and 200 as my favourite sheet film. No curling problems:) The price is so good, but who knows for how long. I have used Rodinal and HC-110 and Studional. All great.

MartinN

(My DD-X and Rapid Fix may be out of date since I last used it a year ago. The Fixer is clear and smells fine. The DD-X has some orange globs on the inside too of the bottle so I poured it into a clear container and it is slightly yellow.)

I think I must order some more even if it isn't in the budget.
Oxidized developer is so disastrous, so I won’t risk. I usualla keep mixed developer a week or two. Then I use Rodinal and HC-110 - excellent shelf life as stock in small bottles. I bought Studional from macodirect in 120 ml bottles which I discard after three months opened. Then I bought Fix-ag (Agefix) in 120ml bottles which give 1l of working solution. I dicard the fix after three months Mixed.

BTW Studional = Rodinal Spezial is not Rodinal. Not rough at all like Rodinal, but keeps only 3-6 months opened. Yellow means oxidized.

Small bottles - minimum waste.

Last edited:

FloatingLens

interesting architectur. Apartment building?
Headquarters of a local automotive company (ZF group).
I particularly like how the architecture mimics the initials Z/F in the company name from this vantage point.
The shadow play at sunset came as an added bonus.
The Distagon 40 is perfect for this kind of photography. No corrections whatsoever!