The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Cambo lens mount in the 50-60mm range please

Greg Haag

I am looking for something in a combo mount that would fall in between a 32mm and 90mm, I believe in the 50-60mm range, but I am not sure what my options are. Right now the Rodenstock 50mm is an option, are there any other options new or used that I should consider? This would be going on an IQ4 150.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Alkibiades

both lenses are the best that you can get in this range. Rodenstock HR50 mm is easier to use, especially when shifted.
also the 10 mm differance are important in the practicle work, you should know if you need more wide or more standart lens.
opticly both lenses plays on highest level.

vjbelle

I wouldn't hesitate purchasing the 50mm Rody. I have a 60XL which is a stellar lens so no need for the 50mm for me.

Victor B.

Greg Haag

Thank you all for your feedback! I love the idea of the 60XL, but I think I would be reluctant to purchase on someplace like ebay so maybe the Rodenstock is my best option.

Mexecutioner

A 50mm Rodie in X-shutter would be a nice addition to your kit.

I have been thinking about the lens lineup I would like when I get the XT, and for me it would be 32, 50 and 90. Hoping to get the camera and an the 32 pretty soon, if I can get the 90 at the same time I will, leaving the 50 for a later date. Just having some doubts about pouring more money into that system, but such is life in Date's inferno.

Greg Haag

Rodrigo, I hope all is well! I struggle with the same thing on a regular basis, and on more than one occasion I have been tempted to simplify. I think there are lots of great options in the photography world today, for me I always come back to the pleasure I get from shooting with a technical camera.

Buttsc7875

I have the 32HR and 40HR in a Cambo mount. Both are incredible lenses. Recall that the 32, 40, & 50 all have appox the same image circle. But the 60 actually has a smaller image circle. I'd skip the 60mm for the 70mm which has a slightly larger image circle and thus more room to shift. And with the new C1 22 with stitching. Say no more. I'd recommend this side-by-side Rodenstock HR document you can use as other considerations may come into play like filter thread sizes.

Greg Haag

I have the 32HR and 40HR in a Cambo mount. Both are incredible lenses. Recall that the 32, 40, & 50 all have appox the same image circle. But the 60 actually has a smaller image circle. I'd skip the 60mm for the 70mm which has a slightly larger image circle and thus more room to shift. And with the new C1 22 with stitching. Say no more. I'd recommend this side-by-side Rodenstock HR document you can use as other considerations may come into play like filter thread sizes.
Thank you for the great feedback and the link!

Buttsc7875

Another FYI for everyone else.

If you want the original Rodenstock Focusing Ring, you have to specifically ask for it when ordering. The XT focusing ring is Cambo's default ring shipping now.
My HR40 came with an XT focus ring and I could not get my Alpa HPF to fit. But as I'm trying to fit the HPF, I realize the HPF doesn't really make sense on the XT focus ring. That center mark we use to set the HPF focus distance doesn't exist on the XT ring. So I sent it back to Cambo for the original focusing ring which they replaced and Cambo wrote back that going forward XT focusing ring is the default and the original Rodenstock focusing ring must be requested at initial order.

Last edited: