The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

P. Chong

Thanks for sharing. I am wondering if there is a way to use the GFX with the LF lens’ Copal shutter? Or is one stuck with the GFX’s electronic shutter? I am thinking of adding a Actus to my work, but I will need to use the lens’ leaf shutter as I need to shoot with strobes.

I'll contribute one from this weekend. Not a lot of autumn colors yet, but hopefully the cool air has finally arrived and that will change. I was able to get this shot in on Saturday afternoon right before the rains came in with a cold front (rain was coming in the background of this shot). This is with the GFX50S/Cambo Actus/Nikkor SW 65mm/4 combo and used in camera XPAN crop for framing.

George

GeorgeBo

Hi, the only thing I have done like that is using the GFX/Actus combo to test and verify that my Copal shutters and apertures were accurate by setting the ISO in the GFX and setting the GFX to Bulb > Release the GFX shutter and immediately release the Copal shutter. But my normal mode is using the GFX shutter. I have not done any strobe work with the Actus. I am not sure how much noise would be induced by using the Bulb mode in your scenario.

Thanks for sharing. I am wondering if there is a way to use the GFX with the LF lens’ Copal shutter? Or is one stuck with the GFX’s electronic shutter? I am thinking of adding a Actus to my work, but I will need to use the lens’ leaf shutter as I need to shoot with strobes.

Greg Haag

Finally made it out to the Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista, Arkansas. I had to shoot about 30 minutes earlier than I had hoped to due to an event they were having.
I was traveling light, so no lens shade, really struggled with flare.

IQ4 150 w Rodenstock 32

BTS Chapet-1.jpgChapel Small-1.jpg

rdeloe

GFX11226.jpg

Studio photography is not something I do a lot of, as you can tell from my fancy setup. But this project lent itself well to a controlled environment.

At this time of year the milkweed pods have dried up and had some rough weather. Some retain their aethereal, wispy tufted seeds, but many pods have become matted and clumpy. Both kinds make a good subject for a photographic diversion. https://www.robdeloephotography.com/Works/Small-Projects/Aethereal/

20211201-DSCF8187.jpg

scho

This is the Fotodiox Rhinocam Vertex (Mamiya 645 mount version) in action with a Sony a7C 24 MP FF back. Shown rotated to the final 4th frame position (starts in normal landscape orientation and is rotated CC 3 times for each subsequent shot. Yields a 62 MP final image after stitching the 4 shots.