The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

dave.gt

Hasselblad 503cx and 80/2.8
Kodak Tri-X 400

Trail to somewhere
by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
Graham, thank you for continuing to post on this thread from its inception. I think it is important to see posts over time as one can see the “body of work” overall.

yours has been excellent. Of course and I also see the quality of the images from the Blad. Square format, “magical” rendering, etc.

Makes me wish I still had my 501 again.

This thread makes me smile!:):):)

dave.gt

Chevrolet
Hasselblad 501CM / CFE 2,8/80 / Ilford FP4 / Canoscan 9000F

View attachment 191946
Oh, wow.. in a single photo you found the common thread that of my years in high school and first two years in undergrad school. :) I won’t bore you with a long story, my life is irrelevant anyway, but the white ‘59 Chevy that was loaned to me by my parents was affectionately called the Batmobilr, and was mine to use until I was financially able to buy my first car, a 1962 VW Beetle.

Oh,the memories this image evokes! :) I’m sure you cannot imagine the magical door you just opened! Love it!

Thank you for sharing.:):):)

dave

dave.gt

Well, 2022 has already started with disasters, death, and far too much stress. And I am only referring to my family, not the Pandemic, or War in Europe, or the evil that somehow is part of humans .

All three of those awful worldwide facts are reflected in our family. But we have cut that river of misery off by damming the flow, and altering the trajectory of the spillover away from us. Sometimes the phone has to be turned off!:(

I am making a sign for our front door:

“Do Not Disturb!!!

The only negatives allowed here are those from a film camera!”

I have been shooting a lot of expired 135 black and white film lately. I am now pretty comfortable with the films I like and developing the small format film.

I now have everything ready for 120 film developing, except my mind. I need to relax more before starting that. It isn’t easy given my 24/7 responsibilities. But it is impossible with outside stresses.
So, when no one is looking, I will turn off the phone, and we will go somewhere if only for a day (and that is extraordinarily difficult), shoot five rolls of 120 film and begin my hopefully peaceful journey in developing my own exposed medium format film.

Scanning, sadly, will be done by a lab somewhere. That is expensive, but there is no option.

Thanks to all for posting all of the MF film images in this thread. You are all inspiring me to press on regardless!:):):)

ggibson

Well, 2022 has already started with disasters, death, and far too much stress. And I am only referring to my family, not the Pandemic, or War in Europe, or the evil that somehow is part of humans .

All three of those awful worldwide facts are reflected in our family. But we have cut that river of misery off by damming the flow, and altering the trajectory of the spillover away from us. Sometimes the phone has to be turned off!:(

I am making a sign for our front door:

“Do Not Disturb!!!

The only negatives allowed here are those from a film camera!”

I have been shooting a lot of expired 135 black and white film lately. I am now pretty comfortable with the films I like and developing the small format film.

I now have everything ready for 120 film developing, except my mind. I need to relax more before starting that. It isn’t easy given my 24/7 responsibilities. But it is impossible with outside stresses.
So, when no one is looking, I will turn off the phone, and we will go somewhere if only for a day (and that is extraordinarily difficult), shoot five rolls of 120 film and begin my hopefully peaceful journey in developing my own exposed medium format film.

Scanning, sadly, will be done by a lab somewhere. That is expensive, but there is no option.

Thanks to all for posting all of the MF film images in this thread. You are all inspiring me to press on regardless!:):):)
Hope your photography passions can bring you some joy in difficult times!

anyone

A sound decision to get your scans from a lab since scanning is a science in itself and can be frustrating at times.

But IF you would like to digitize your images rather at home and your print sizes are not very large, a low cost flatbed scanner like the Epson 4990, a film holder like the Lomography Digitaliza, and Vuescan get you started. Or even better, use your MF gear for digitizing your images. Just food for thought.

Hope you enjoy your MF shooting and developing adventure! I just today was sending my first roll of film shot with a new-to-me Rolleiflex 3.5F for development, certainly a slow and meditative way of working:)

Last edited: