The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Saxbike

I have been on the Sony forum for many years, but the past year I have been shooting more with Fujifilm X100V and an x-E3 and various lenses. Here are a few from a recent outing in Raleigh, NC:
MordecaiHouse_3

X-E3 | Fujinon XF14mmF2.8 R | f/4.0 (1/550) ISO: 200

MordecaiHouse_1

X-E3 | Fujinon XF14mmF2.8 R | f/5.6 (1/180) ISO: 100

size=4]MordecaiHouse_6[/size]

Fujifilm X100V f/2.8 (1/120) ISO: 6400

MordecaiHouse_7

X100V | f/2.8 (1/125) ISO: 400

Elliot

I just received the XF 70-300 f/4-5.6 lens after a long wait. Here is one of the first shots (through a glass door). Cropped and post-processed in DxO Photolab 5. I stopped down more than usual and also limited the ISO, so shot at 1/150 second, which is probably a little slow for Tufted Titmice, which are in almost constant motion.

DSCF0362_DxO.jpg

biglouis

Cetti's Warbler, from another trip to RSPB Fowlmere, yesterday. This is a very difficult bird to photograph. It is very secretive and normally hides deep inside trees and shrubs. In seven years of visiting Fowlmere, when I have heard this bird calling on every occasion, this is the first time I have actually seen it, let alone photographed it.
X-T4, XF100-400, TC2.0x, 800mm f11 iso640, 1/125 - both processed in DxO PureRAW 2 and Lightroom.
_DSF1579-RAF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

_DSF1609-RAF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

biglouis

Fujifilm X-H2S + XF 56 f1.2 - just acquired the lens and took it for a test drive. Most convenient that I came across a pro-shoot near Primrose Hill in north London. Couldn't resist joining in. This lens is drop dead lovely. Incredibly sharp in the centre of the plane of focus. The model saw me shooting away and was a good sport posing and gesturing for me, much to the confusing of the photog who for a moment or two couldn't work out what was happening.

This wasn't a test of the X-H2S but I decided to test the lens on it rather than my X-T4. I'm still testing out the X-H2S and I'll write some thoughts about it once I have all the kinks of using a new camera ironed out.

_DSF4491.jpg

_DSF4493.jpg

_DSF4499.jpg

This last frame shows how razor thin the DoF is, even from about 10 feet away.

_DSF4496.jpg