The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

100% !
I check in at lunch and saw those shots. Now I am back in from of my work computer with my fly rod propped up beside my desk daydreaming :)
Every time I go George, I leave wondering why I don't make time to do it more often. It looks like you live in an area that would have some great places close by.

Ed Hurst

Flinders Street Station is part of Melbourne's beating heart - not just what pumps people in/out of the city every day, but also a place for meeting, a symbol of the centre of things.

Here we see it from a lesser-known vantage point (actually the local office of the company I work for in my 'day job') with rush hour trains passing by.

I wanted to do this shot months ago, but Covid restrictions meant that office hours are limited at the ends of the day. It's only now that we are in Southern Hemisphere Winter that it gets dark enough while the office is still open to let me do it! Oh, and I need to travel to Melbourne, which wasn't easy until fairly recently too, for similar reasons...

Fuji GFX100S and Pentax 645 150mm FA lens

Ed Hurst

I wasn't expecting a clear night, and had got absorbed in shooting the light trails left from trains (shot to follow in the coming days) when I happened to spot a starry sky (not so obvious with all the city lights). So I immediately changed MO to shoot this. I enjoyed a rare benefit - the chance to sleep in the hotel bed while the camera did its work, as this was shot through the glass of a Crowne Plaza! The lack of reflections is due to a Lens Skirt - an accessory I heartily recommend!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 28-45mm lens @ 28mm

Greg Haag

I wasn't expecting a clear night, and had got absorbed in shooting the light trails left from trains (shot to follow in the coming days) when I happened to spot a starry sky (not so obvious with all the city lights). So I immediately changed MO to shoot this. I enjoyed a rare benefit - the chance to sleep in the hotel bed while the camera did its work, as this was shot through the glass of a Crowne Plaza! The lack of reflections is due to a Lens Skirt - an accessory I heartily recommend!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 28-45mm lens @ 28mm
Beautiful shot Ed, I love the depth, detail and saturation, it seems to pull me in!

Ed Hurst

Another shot showing the way that Melbourne is served by the trains flowing in and out of Flinders Street station... Somehow reminds me of a heart, pumping the blood around our bodies.

Firstly a still, using Fuji GFX100S and Pentax 67 200mm f4 late

And secondly, a time lapse video based on these files (and more besides)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.