The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF Achromatic Digital Backs

JeffK

cross post

From this morning, Contax 645, Achromatic+, 35mm 3.5, F11(probably) and 8 minutes worth of exposure, and in infrared of course
Very impressive. Did you shoot a mix of Long exposures? Is the difference between 1min significantly different to 8 minutes re: water stillness? I'm guessing the clouds weren't moving fast that day?

drevil

Staff member
Very impressive. Did you shoot a mix of Long exposures? Is the difference between 1min significantly different to 8 minutes re: water stillness? I'm guessing the clouds weren't moving fast that day?
the clouds were quite slow and already dissolving fast, its was one go, one picture
i guess it doesnt make a big difference 1 or 8 minutes for the water, but for the clouds obviously

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member
just a short background info, these two towers were newly built for the GZTV company, the tower on the right is used but the tower on the left is completely unused, therefore they only cleaned the used tower, you can clearly see the difference of cleanliness.

now the responsible people are thinking what to do with the left tower, as its clear it wont be used by the owner, cinemas, hotels and other options are being discussed

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member
CF010493.jpg

center of shenzhen, it was extremely rainy this week, west of hong kong there was a typhoon passing by.
just love how the pingan tower(600m high) disappears in the clouds.

with haida 720nm IR filter and contax 645 35mm lens

drevil

Staff member

Some Office Towers in downtown Shenzhen. I wanted to shoot those early morning after sunrise in infrared, and positioned myself at the road.
At some point i realized the same car passed me several times, the driver always holding his phone camera towards me, i decided at the next pass i would make some funny gestures.
But i wouldnt see him no more, but the police came by and over the course of around one hour i met 5 different police men, what an annoyance just because one guy thought he needs to call the police because he saw a foreigner standing there some half an hour of more.
what a waste of time, well the images turned out to be satisfying to me, hope for you guys too

JeffK

Here's a scene that I shot on the IQ260 Achromatic. Was likely with a technical camera, lens correction says Generic, so likely the SK35mm Digitar.

Top version is visible light. The bottom version is 5 min later with the Infrared filter. Could've been 072 or 093. You can see the clouds rolling in from the right.

Was New Years Day in 2020. Still pre-Covid. Vancouver, BC was the location.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.48.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.48.35 PM.png

Last edited: