The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone using Contax 645 AF lenses on the S System

rollsman44

I did read a few articles about this. From what I gathered the Contax lenses are excellent BUT not as good as the S Lenses. I am hoping that there is someone on the forum that has used the C lenses and if there is really a Big difference and what is the difference. Thank you Dennis

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
With the exception of the 210 and 350, the Contax lenses are great. They are not as good as the S lenses, although the 35 comes close. But they are also very much adapted lenses and don't focus as easily or reliably. I used the 35 and 140 while my S lenses were being upgraded, but I would never use one when an S alternative was in my possession..

rollsman44

Thank you Matt. I am going to look for a deal on a wide angle??? ( if thats possible) I am selling my Contax 645 140 2.8 amd my Contax 85 1.4 C/Y with the fotodiox Pro adaptor to GFX
I will use this money to put towards a S lens, Thank you ( I do appreciate your getting back to me)

rollsman44

I will Stop here and just go with the S lens. Makes no sense me buying the S007 and using other than Native glass for it. Thank you