The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Racing the Fog by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | Zeiss 5.6/350 Tele-Superachromat | f/11 | 1/5s | ISO 64 | 20-image median blend​

On the evening before Thanksgiving, I managed to catch another low fog event as it was developing under the Golden Gate Bridge and moving into the bay. I have photographed from this location on countless occasions, each time bringing a somewhat different scene to behold.

John
Insanely good, John!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A lonely mangrove sets off the scene in Bundeena - a tranquil spot within the Royal National Park to the south of Sydney. I had no idea that this place even existed until I ended up there on a family camping trip. Conditions weren't great, so obviously I had to go back within a day of getting home, this time on a clear forecast!

Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ 100mm
Ed,
Lovely use of a surprisingly good zoom. (Every time I turn around, another Pentax 67 lens is on my shelf. No idea how they get there! :LOL:)
Matt

Ed Hurst

Ed,
Lovely use of a surprisingly good zoom. (Every time I turn around, another Pentax 67 lens is on my shelf. No idea how they get there! :LOL:)
Matt
That zoom is of superb quality. I truly struggle to find any difference between it and the equivalent primes, even the 645 ones made for digital. The only issue is the focusing is extremely fussy. It needs live view zoomed right in, with a very gentle touch. But get that right, and it shines!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
That zoom is of superb quality. I truly struggle to find any difference between it and the equivalent primes, even the 645 ones made for digital. The only issue is the focusing is extremely fussy. It needs live view zoomed right in, with a very gentle touch. But get that right, and it shines!
Since IBIS doesn't stop motion, I find its real use is not in capture, but in magnified focussing.

Ed Hurst

As I was taking the star trail shot I showed yesterday, I was aware the moon was going to rise soon - and rushed to get enough frames in the can before that happened. BUT, to give myself options, I also took some frames with the moon up. Here's a version with one of those included in the blend...

StarTrailsFromFiles_DSF8024-8146VERSION4Step28FlatSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Last edited:

richardman

Fantasy author Tanya Huff. I have been taking portraits of Science Fiction and Fantasy authors/artists with my 4x5 and the Cooke PS945 since 2015, and finally working on a book! Anyway, I didn't have my usual set up when I met Ms. Huff, but the 203FE + CFV II 50C + Cooke Deep Field Panchro provides the magic I want.

B9983552-Edit-SAI.jpg

Ed Hurst

Got married recently. A week before the ceremony, my Mum flew out to Australia from home in the UK. I took her on a trip to the country's 'red centre'. On our way back to Sydney, we flew over some very interesting abstract landscapes.

GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 45mm

GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.