The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My experience with Phase One and Hasselblad dealers has been iffy at best. The local guys here in Dubai have no idea how to clean my digital back and wanted to ship the body and back over to Denmark for cleaning at a cost of USD1200, including shipping and insurance.

The dealer in Singapore (where I'm from) did nothing of help after I purchased my first H system (a H4D-31) back in September.

The Phase One dealer around here doesn't reply to emails, and his pricing is based on Euro pricing, not USD - at least 15% higher

I have found more help from the Hasselblad USA guys than anyone else, outside of the forums that I have mentioned. :)

By the way, you can contact me via [email protected] (that's also my Facebook and twitter ID if you want to catch me on social networks) - the forum's messaging system has a limit of 1000 characters that makes it hard to explain stuff in detail :)
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliment! I've been shooting for 16 months so far, and it's been one heck of a journey :) I'll be shooting for the WWF in partnership with the Emirates Wildlife Society for Earth Hour tonight, so it's going to be a busy day scouting the location.

Regarding the cleaning, I would pop by Hasselblad USA (David Grover is a Hasselblad USA rep who frequents this forum, LuLa and HasselbladDigitalForum.com, and might be located there) - I would ask them to show you how to do a wet clean and a dry clean, and if they have cleaning wipes/swabs in stock, you might want to pick up a couple of packs. Otherwise, just order them from Capture Integration in Atlanta.

Cheers

Kenneth
    Hi ghoonk,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to explain this to me in such great detail!
    I now feel confident I can do this myself with a little practice.
    Hasselblad USA is actually about 25 miles from my home.
    Do you think it would be a good idea to bring it there and ask for a quick cleaning lesson?
    I actually did bring my camera to a dealer in NYC two montha ago and he did not want to clean it. He said he couldn't see any dust on the sensor and he didn't want to do a wet cleaning. This is actually the dealer I purchased the camera from.
    Guess what? I spent $25k at his store and he has now lost a good customer!
    I looked at your images on the web. They are spectacular......you are very talented!
    Wishing you all the best,
    Mike
    Hi ghoonk,
    I have a similar system to you.
    Maybe you can help me with a problem I am having with my H4D40 sensor.
    I can't seem to get the dust bunnies off this baby.
    What do you do to clean yours?
    I am paranoid about cleaning with swabs, etc.
    I may have to take it to Hasselblad. I have had dust on it since it was brand new.
    Thanks very much,
    Mike
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…