The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Me too, alas I can't fulfil the ambition. Bill Brandt turned me on to photography : http://www.britishphotography.org/news/2252/11592/bill-brandt-new-acquisitions-from-moma-new-york-gulls-nest-on-mid-summer-night-isle-of-skye-1947--?r=news/2252/bill-brandt-new-acquisitions-from-moma-new-york...
  2. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

You beat me to it. I came to post something very similar. Be well, and be back soon Barry; I'm missing your pictures of Cornwall. ............ Chris
  3. C

Unhealthy Forums

Ian – the 'ignored' in question became so before his ordination as a Moderator. Maybe I got in early? And no; it wasn't Jaap. ........... Chris
  4. C

Unhealthy Forums

I agree with these clipped opinions, and it's no coincidence that I'm posting this here rather than LUF. I used to post there but realised it wasn't fun when I was libelled at LUF by a self appointed Cardinal of the Faith [after one mildly 'heretical' post perceived as too critical and...
  5. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Barry – Thank you; at least my fallibility is more intact than my credibility. Right river of course, [I'd recognise that water anywhere] though wrong bridge. My error can float downstream like a Pooh-stick to blush it's passage under Respryn bridge. Thanks for your added pics; Respryn always...
  6. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Barry – River Fowey from the first bridge past Golitha in Draynes Valley? I may be overestimating my powers after once successfully scoring a hit with 'Name that Cornish Harbour Wall' Even so; I hope to be on a winning streak...... ........... Chris
  7. C

Getting tired of Diglloyd

I'd like to say something positive about Lloyd. Whilst he seems to have abandoned Leica he did get an M10 in his hands and gave it a brief review. I have read many M10 reviews, and on-line threads about it's glory. He is the only reviewer I have read who spotted immediately that if you want to...
  8. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Barry – Thanks, my wobbly limb and I are purring with smugness, and as I never flick Flickr it seems my psychic reaching has greater power than I hoped. It's also good news as I'm planning a rail day-return to Newlyn [it's a long, long haul day] and I'm delighted there's some newish old rope to...
  9. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Barry – that's more like it; you've brought me back to the game of guessing which Cornish harbour wall you've photographed. I'll go out on a wobbly limb here and say : I name that Cornish harbour wall as Newlyn!............ [applause applause applause?]. .............. Chris
  10. C

The Leica Q2

Or even better [for me] a 28mm to 40mm impeccable zoom of whatever maximum f stop the lens design lands at to utilise the whole sensor at both ends of the range. That would be all my working range in one camera. However, and like even the sprighliest member here; I don't have enough years left...
  11. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Barry – Thank you, I'm much obliged. Vicariously, I greatly enjoy your Cornish outings to places etched in my heart. ............. Chris
  12. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Oh Barry, I have such strong memories of Respryn woods. When I was young I'd go there with my father, particularly in early Spring when the whole meadow was a yellow blaze of wild daffodils. Over the years I've often wondered how badly the daffodil carpet has been decimated by vandal-picking. If...
  13. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Well thanks for that; I'm always thinking of Polperro, and yes I'd love to have been there today too. I know it as a busy fishing village, but now it's more of a second home village with an absence of children or indigenous Cornish. Oskar Kokoshka painted Polperro many times, there's a...
  14. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Glad you're back. Hope all is well. .............. Chris
  15. C

New Leica M10-P

Embarrassed to be caught looking at a histogram, or checking horizontality or verticality in one's pictures? Why not go all the way and instead of using a smartphone as the essential add-on to operate a less is more camera without a screen; just use the phone to make pictures. Despite...
  16. C

New Leica M10-P

Hi – I tried one a couple of months ago and found it significantly quieter than my M10. Beware of recorded comparisons; some are misleading because of the comparison method. I think the comparisons vary because of factors such as how far away the mic is from the compared cameras, and hard...
  17. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Great nudge –– I can hear his footsteps. This gives me the chance to pre-empt his appearance with a premature... 'Welcome Back'. ................ Chris
  18. C

Leica M10-P

[As thin as an M8]. ............ Chris
  19. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Welcome back. ...... Chris
  20. C

Leica M10-P

I suspect that how the shutter sound is recorded greatly effects our perception of quietness. You might find the shutter sound comparison contained in this short video from Red Dot cameras more persuasive? [No intended slight on your recording abilities Jono]...