The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. stevew50

Scouting the Yosemite Workshop

We need Rain and Snow! California and Yosemite is going to dry up. Here is a shot from last Christmas, and it wasn't a heavy rain/snow year. Steve
  2. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Thanks Louis, Didn't do much shooting over the summer, was busy and summer in California can be boring. :)
  3. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Another Yosemite shot with DP2M. Steve
  4. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Recent DP2M Yosemite Shots. Steve
  5. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Michael, Great contrast with the Yellow. In California we have Springtime Mustard and Sour Grass with bright yellow also. Steve
  6. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Morning Sky from the Platform today and shot of the fishing fleet from last weekend in Moro Bay, Ca.
  7. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

"Took me some time to find the right crops for these. Michiel" I find #135 especially intriguing, looking through the window at flowers on a table and out the back window at another colorful street scene! I feel like it is unending! Is there another window looking out to another scene...
  8. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

That was Bark Details.
  9. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Michiel, Hey, you must get rain!!!!! In California everythings turning brown now for next 6 or 7 months. I really like the bark detain in #3 transitioning off to the Farm.
  10. stevew50

DP Merrill color Landscapes

On the one shot with the DP1M, it looks like I goofed editing on my laptop, hard to get the correct viewing angle. Here is what it should look like.
  11. stevew50

We bought a second home for retirement in Mariposa, about 45miles to Yosemite. Now to just get to retirement.
  12. stevew50

Here are a couple of the same Dogwoods. DP2M and DP1M.
  13. stevew50

Here are some from Yosemite this weekend.
  14. stevew50

The Foveon Classic Blue Thread

OK! I tried one, it's pretty wild color. These trees are pretty scary looking anyway!!!
  15. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Here we have a Red Alfa Romeo and a 62 Red Corvette. I wanted to make it to this local Car show with the Merrill. Pretty known colors: green grass, blue sky, nice blue porti potties ;) the amusment park rides, all the bright cars and the nice cromatic aberations on the hillside :mad:.
  16. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Red-Orange-Blue Cars Here are Three color Mode renderings, same image processing. See which you like. I'm still trying to find the optimum exposure with this camera. By camera metering center weighted I am overexposed (200/f8 ISO 100) and have to correct about minium exposure in SPP5.1. These...
  17. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Here is a blue car in Standard mode. I tried Foveon Blue but Yuck!
  18. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Jim, The one in srgb. The tiff files in ProPhoto looked the same just when converted to 8bit and saved jpg the colors don't render correctly unless converted to profile srgb. Speak of color, I have been shooting sunlight and using color rendering neutral. I tried rendering Neutral, Standard and...
  19. stevew50

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Forgot to change the second one from ProPhoto to srgb. Supprise how much difference it makes.