The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• Recently, there has been an increased activity from spammers, which may result in you receiving unwanted private messages. We are working hard to limit this activity.

Search results

1. R

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Pen E-P7, Lumix 20mm f1.7. Monochrome Profile 2 (like PenF). All jpegs out of camera except no outlet sign which was cropped as square. - Ricardo
  2. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

This Is probably the last photo I post in this EP7 specific thread. I will join next the "Fun with m43rds cameras" general thread moving forward. - Ricardo
  3. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

DXO PhotoLab 5 now officially supports the E_P7 with its great noise reduction. Took the EP7 at a drag show I have been shooting for three months that happens monthly and some results: - Ricardo
  4. R

OM System 20mm f/1.4

That lens looks great.
  5. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

6. R

My newish E-M5 II

Your post should also be a reminder that in the end, we should look for what fulfills needs rather than simply latest/greatest/whatever people en mass bought because it's new.
  7. R

My newish E-M5 II

WAs going to say- if you are doing high res shots or just electronic shutter shots, that shutter count really doesn't count much - your camera will last vastly longer. - Ricardo
  8. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

I just love the color profiles of this camera (same goes for PenF). And a comment on the "grain" monochrome profiles... The grain can give the illusion of detail where there's highlight burn. This can be use nicely- a comparison below at 100% crop then more zoomed out. You an also do...
  9. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

These are all taken with that Oly 75mm F1.8 prime. They are also edited JPEGS from the camera.
  10. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

OMDS/Olympus Europe is having an offer where you buy the EP7 and you get the Oly 75mm F1.8 prime lens free. I am not sure this is the best match as a starter lens but it's a great lens and it's a ridiculously good offer. So good that makes me wonder what's going on. But if you are interested-...
  11. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

More from today- Decided to take the Lumix 42.5mm F1.7 instead of the Oly 45mm because wide open this Lumix copy is definitively sharper. Did find that in lower light it had more trouble nailing focus than the Panasonic with the EP7. Or at least seemed that way. Two color shots first...
  12. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

Thanks for the background on DHL. That it started in San Francisco(!) Hah! - Ricardo
  13. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

From the day before yesterday... - Ricardo
  14. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

From yesterday, Dore Alley event in SF. - Ricardo
  15. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

Thanks for the look! Here's some from yesterday using the PenF/EP7 Monochrome profile 2- the one that it's more "Tri-Xy"
  16. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

A note about these images- all of them are JPEGs out of the camera except for any resize down. If you see the Exif says Iridient Digital, I only used that to resize down. Iridient Digital does not support the RAWS of this camera yet.
  17. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

A friend and his partner where setting up some interesting contraption to do the background for 3 bands playing somewhere in Santa Cruz, CA (Blue Lagoon) and he invited me over to take pics. After thinking maybe I should take the EM5.3 or EM10.4 due to the immediate current Dxo PhotoLab 4.0...
  18. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

This is a camera that was recently announced by OM Digital Solutions in Asia & Europe. I am in the USA, so after some thought decided to get it from Amazon Japan. Main reason is that this is a camera I said I wish OMDS/Olympus did over 1.5 years ago (!). A "super EPL10 with PenF profiles."...
  19. R

Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction photos

I like the gritty look on the photos - but I will admit I would have also loved a version where you under exposed so that you could see Saturn with its rings and Jupiter hint at its cloudy typical bands. But I still s*ck because I didn't bother getting out to get the shot so... :-) Thanks for...
  20. R

Olympus, DXo Photolab4 deepPRIME

I can totally empathize there. :-) - Ricardo