The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

Search results

1. A

How about more and more fun with Canon...

After the blizzard EOS M6 mk2 & Apo-Lanthar 50 VM at f/4.5
  2. A

Which spirit level do you rely on, tripod head, camera or digital back?

I'm happy to see my experience is similar to all of the above, as none of the levels on the tripod, leveling base, Arca 75 head and internal camera will ever seem to agree. The Arca is fantastic for fine tuning though. Grid lines on live view is the answer for me too. Some on-camera HDMI...
  3. A

Unable to log into Phaseone.com profile

Is it a Capture One account, or a Phase One for Hardware? I had a similar experience as I hadn't logged in for over a year and they seem to have moved the Capture One accounts to https://www.captureone.com/en .
  4. A

A few more with the EOS M6 mk2 & APO-Lanthar asph - wide open at f/2:
  5. A

Canon M6 mk2 now with the remarkable Voigtländer 50 mm / 1:2,0 APO-Lanthar aspherical VM - at f/4.5 What a marvel the APO-Lanthar 50 VM is.
  6. A

My first Canon, my first post in the Canon forums and my first shot with the M6 mk2: Lens is a Leica Elmar-M 24 3.8 ASPH on Novoflex adapter. Shot at F/4.5 just below the M6's Diffraction Limited Aperture of F/4.6 Switching to the Walter Mandler Leica 90mm f/2 Summicron-M III ( 1990...
  7. A

Fun with MF images 2021

Recent works are posted @ 2160 pixels height to conform to 4K UHD/DCI standards. I discourage phone viewing as well. There are flying cars now, too.
  8. A

Fun with MF images 2021

snowstorm X1D & 45P & Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer
  9. A

Fun with MF images 2021

late autumn rain X1D & 45P & Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer Revisiting a scene from a year ago: Same November sunset rain with a different MF camera & lens combo.
  10. A

Pentax 645 28-45mm on Cambo Actus

It is a very good wide angle zoom, it seems like your example is damaged or defective. Was it shipped to you after they had it on the 645z? I'd send it back and try another example. Do you need movements? There are very few 28mm lenses with a large enough image circle for movements on 24x36...
  11. A

Fun with MF images 2021

first snowfall S-E Typ006 & HC 3,5/50 II Aerial
  12. A

Fun with MF images 2021

X1D & 45P & Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer
  13. A

Fun with MF images 2021

X1D & 45P - Out the window. I like the 45P, but it will purple fringe in high contrast / high frequency / high diffraction areas easily ( Sky-backlit crossed branches etc ). A circular polarizer will help, I'm almost certain. It's an amazing lens other than the fringing, and for the...
  14. A

Fun with MF images 2021

Lovely. May I suggest 16 bit output to get rid of the quantization artifacts, like a 16bit sRGB png for the web. Larger files, but smooth gradients without banding or colorations. Superachromat... ahh lucky you. Best of luck with those tripod things!
  15. A

Fun with MF images 2021

One more X1D & 45P
  16. A

Fun with MF images 2021

X1D & 45P The 45P is a pretty good lens. Lots of internal corrections that X1D & Phocus perform from what is seen in viewfinder, but the end result is very decent.
  17. A

Fun with MF images 2021

Indeed it is, one of a 2 small wind turbines visible from the top of the fields, the other is out of frame at left. EDIT: Actually there appear to be 2 wind turbines in that image. So 3 visible from the hilltop.
  18. A

Fun with MF images 2021

Grabbed the camera & tripod on the way to the mailbox this evening, glad I did. X1D & Otus 85 ZF.2 @ f/7.1
  19. A

Fun with MF images 2021

A few with the Typ 006 S-E & HC 50mm f/3.5 II Aerial:
  20. A

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

wildflowers X1D & HC 4/210 @ F/4 & HD3 CPL