The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ggibson

Hasselblad V 50/4 and 150/4 CF lenses

I mainly like shooting my Hasselblad with the 80mm and 120mm, so I'm parting with these two lovely lenses. Both are in great condition, clean optics--see the images below for the minor amount of wear they exhibit. Mechanically and optically, these are both excellent, no flaws to speak of. They...
  2. ggibson

FS: Rare Voigtlander 180/4 APO Lanthar SL for m42 mount

I'm feeling out selling my Voigtlander 180/4 APO Lanthar SL for m42 mount. I bought this lens to have an ultra small telephoto for hiking/travel, but with young kids I can't use it as much as I'd like. It is truly tiny for a 180mm lens, with 49mm filter thread and only weighing 485g. You can...
  3. ggibson

MF Lenses with Shift Adapter or RhinoCam on Full-Frame/35mm Digital Body

I've been shooting some MF film on my Hasselblad 503cx recently, and I'm curious to use the lenses on my Sony A7rII. The crop factor with just a simple adapter isn't particularly inspiring though. I have been researching shift adapters, allowing one to take advantage of the larger image circle...
  4. ggibson

FS: Sigma dp0 Quattro

I'm selling my lovely Sigma dp0 Quattro. I just don't get along with the form factor. Shame, since it creates some amazing images. It's in excellent condition--see photos below. Comes with everything from the original box: Lens Cap (on the camera) Hot shoe cover (on the camera) Strap Li-ion...
  5. ggibson

FS: Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar 15mm f/4.5 Aspherical III Lens for Sony E

Selling my Voigtlander 15mm for Sony FE mount. The lens is in excellent, like-new condition. $600 via paypal (includes shipping to CONUS)
  6. ggibson

FS: Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens SEL24240

I'm putting my Sony 24-240mm up for sale. The lens is in excellent, like-new condition (see images). I actually like this lens a lot, and it has impressive sharpness and range. I'm just using primes more these days, so I'm selling to fund another purchase. $650 via paypal (includes shipping to...
  7. ggibson

Sigma SD Quattro vs. Sony A7rII vs. Sigma DP3M

I picked up a Sigma SD Quattro with 30mm f1.4 kit lens last month and tested it against my Sony A7rII and Sigma DP3M. I thought I would share some comparison images and impressions here for folks who might be curious to how image results from these cameras compare. Standard disclaimer--I'm not a...
  8. ggibson

FS: Sigma SD Quattro with 30mm f1.4 Kit + Extras

Selling a very lightly used Sigma SD Quattro with 30mm f1.4 kit. Condition is like new in the original box. If you're interested in this camera, then you know it is capable of fantastic image quality. The Sigma 30mm f1.4 Art lens that comes with it is super sharp and also in like-new condition...
  9. ggibson

Yosemite in Color with the A7

I took a trip to Yosemite with the family back in April, and I thought I'd share some of my favorite shots. I brought my A7, 16-35/4, 28/2, 55/1.8, and 24-240. The 24-240 was a great lens to have in my bag, since this was a family trip and I couldn't always stop to find the best framing or...
  10. ggibson

Close-up filters for Macro on Sony FE lenses

I'm thinking about picking up a close-up macro filter for fun, and wondering about the different options. I've read that close-up lenses work best on longer focal lengths, so I was thinking of going with something that would fit either my Zeiss 55/1.8 or my new Batis 85/1.8. Has anyone else used...
  11. ggibson

A Sony FE vs. m4/3 Zoom Comparison

Since I've switched from m4/3 to Sony FE, I felt like I needed a focal length longer than the kit 28-70mm covers, so I upgraded to the 24-240mm for the extra reach. Previously my zoom needs were met by the Panasonic 45-175mm. Crop factor helps m4/3 a LOT in the telephoto ranges in that lenses...
  12. ggibson

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6

I'm selling my Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6 ultrawide lens. I've switched systems, so I have to let this little gem go. Lens is in excellent condition, and well cared for. See pics. Comes with the original box, caps, packing materials. Asking price is $420 paypal'd and shipped US.
  13. ggibson

Limiting ISO to 800 on A7 cameras

I found the "Exposure Lattitude" part of DPReview's A7ii review very interesting: Sony Alpha a7 II Review: Digital Photography Review Since I shoot RAW, I guess I should be limiting auto-ISO to 800 on my camera in order to preserve highlights. On one hand, it's great that these sensors can be...
  14. ggibson

FS: Various Micro-four thirds gear: Panasonic GF1, 20mm, 45mm, 45-175mm and more

I'm selling my beloved GF1 with 20mm f1.7 kit and a few other m4/3 items. All prices are paypal'd/shipped CONUS. Price summary: GF1 + 20mm kit - $300 Olympus 45mm + CPL - $275 Panasonic 45-175mm - $275 Cokin A-Series filters - $50 C-Mount/M39/M42 to M4/3 adapter - $5 (with any of the above)...
  15. ggibson

FS: Voigtlander 20mm f/3.5 for Nikon + hood + adapter to Sony E mount

I'm selling a Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II N Lens for Nikon F mount. Lens is in fantastic condition, and comes with all original packing and box. Included is the Voigtlander LH-20 Lens Hood that matches this lens (with separate lens cap, box). I'm also including a Nikon F to Sony...
  16. ggibson

FS: Sigma 60mm f2.8 for Sony E-mount (black)

Selling my Sigma 60mm f2.8 for E-mount (black version). This lens is in fantastic condition, and comes with the original hood, caps, case, and box that it came in. Basically like new. I bought this lens to tide me over until I could afford the Sony 55mm, which I just purchased, so now the...
  17. ggibson

Diving with sharks and the E-PL1 in Grand Bahama

I've had a GF1 for a while now, but I just picked up the E-PL1 and underwater housing for my trip to Grand Bahama. Had a few great dives, and thought I would share a few images. Results from the 9-18mm came out really well on our shark dive, even though I was using the flat port and didn't have...
  18. ggibson

Eclipse Photos

Anyone else enjoy the eclipse yesterday evening? The bay area had a decent show, although I'm sure it was even better in other parts of the western US. I took multiple exposures and combined:
  19. ggibson

FS: Sigma DP1x - $400

I'm selling my DP1x. Awesome little camera with the magical Foveon sensor. Camera is in great condition overall. A few light scratches on the LCD, but hardly noticeable (see picture). Much faster operation than the DP1 & DP1s. Comes with everything in the original box. Plus, I am also...
  20. ggibson

Panasonic GF1 vs. Sigma DP1x Comparison

I did a color comparison between my GF1 and DP1x. To some it may be fairly obvious, but can you guess which is which? 28mm equivalent on both ISO 100 | F8 | 1/13s on tripod Standard Color Settings DP1x exported to JPG first using SPP, GF1 processed with Adobe RAW GF1 image scaled down and...