The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ggibson

Fun With Sony Cameras

Some fun with the Voigtlander 40/1.2 100 degree fun by Graham Gibson, on Flickr 100 degree fun by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  2. ggibson

Carl Zeiss ZX1

I've been a longtime fan of the RX1 series, but never lucky enough to own one. That lens is legendary, I am actually surprised that the ZX1 comes with something different but still the same 35/2 spec. I'd venture a guess that if you're just comparing the camera output at 1:1, that the RX1rII...
  3. ggibson

Carl Zeiss ZX1

Super interesting camera. It seems positioned to compete with the Leica Q2, which is $5K. Of course there are a lot of differences, but the standout feature for the ZX1 is that it basically comes with a tablet/smartphone built into it with 512GB of storage. So I can see why they chose that...
  4. ggibson

Fun With Sony Cameras

Some snapshots with the 40/1.2 on vacation in Paso Robles, CA: Grapes at dawn by Graham Gibson, on Flickr Grapes at dawn by Graham Gibson, on Flickr Swings by Graham Gibson, on Flickr Swings by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  5. ggibson

Hasselblad 40mm F4 CFE or CFE IF ?

If you decide the 50/4 CF FLE would suit your needs instead, I have one for sale: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/hasselblad-v-50-4-and-150-4-cf-lenses.68964/
  6. ggibson

Fun With Sony Cameras

A7rII and Voigtlander 15mm III: Dawn by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  7. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

Grapevines in infrared color by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  8. ggibson

Malefic 6x17 camera - experiences?

It's somewhat hard to compare since the formats have different ratios, but here's the math: 90mm (focal length) / 170mm (film width) = ~.53 .53 * 36mm ("full frame" width) = 19mm (if you crop the height down to the same ratio) Same calculations for 47mm on 4x5 (102mm x 127mm) put that lens at...
  9. ggibson

Gotcha, I thought of that, but wasn't sure if there was a better way. Do you remember where you focused for your shot? And what f-stop? Also, I'm curious how you found the framing with the viewfinder compared to the final image on film. I compared it to my Sony A7rII and the viewfinder field...
  10. ggibson

Aw, bummer about the mount. I saw someone else on flickr had posted about adding a tripod mount to the cone to have two points of contact. Maybe I need to look into that. I did the infinity test as you mentioned. I found peak sharpness to be between 15m and infinity. Do you know of a way to...
  11. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

Sculpterra by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  12. ggibson

How did you adjust to infinity? Is there a way to calibrate the cone/helicoid?
  13. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

Speckled shade by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  14. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

Jagger sculptures in infrared by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  15. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

They were! Despite it being over 100 degrees, the three of us had a tasting outside. Similar rules to the restaurants here in CA; we wore masks walking around. Not too crowded anyways :) Jagger sculptures in infrared by Graham Gibson, on Flickr
  16. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

17. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"

18. ggibson

Lock Down Photos from our Home

Very nice, my favorite is D842. It looks the most natural to me.
  19. ggibson

"Capturing Infrared"