The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

Search results

1. iiiNelson

Canon R5C... for me?

Well there are clearly differences in the body like active cooling and software like cinema menus that differentiate it from the normal R5. Then there’s the removal of the IBIS (which yes some would prefer) but they’d also like internal VND in that space even at a higher price point. Again… just...
  2. iiiNelson

Canon R5C... for me?

Looks like a great camera with a few head scratching desicions I thought they’d correct. The first is that there’s no full sized HDMI, the second is that there’s not a dual CFE-B slot, and the third is the removal of IBIS. If they had all of these things I think it would’ve cuz deeply into what...
  3. iiiNelson

M11 Images

Could that just be more a result of modern lens design and sensors capable of reproducing increased dynamic range than it is actual color reproduction? In the film days the only thing that distinguished brands was lens design and to a lesser extent PP choices in the darkroom. So the “Leica...
  4. iiiNelson

M11 Images

Thats the thing. No camera company maintains a static look. They’re all evolving always because sensor tech and sensor capability changes with advancement. So the idea that there’s this one unified color is just untrue. There’s a reason many yearn for M9 color and later on M10 color… and neither...
  5. iiiNelson

M11 Images

This isn’t the first Sony sensor used in a Leica camera. The SL2-S uses a Sony sensor as do many of the APS-C cameras that many love. Color probably isn’t a big concern if the camera works for you. I’d think they learned from the harsh early feedback in regards to color with the M240 for people...
  6. iiiNelson

Any archers here?

My wife got be a bow a couple of Christmas’ ago and I’ve shot it 3 times at this point due to work, my daughter, and the pandemic… and not wanting to look like the crazy person shooting in my backyard in the state of the world climate of people finding anything to be a threat… legitimate or not...
  7. iiiNelson

New M11

I would’ve guessed that they would’ve used the 33 megapixel sensor since it’s newer and probably a more manageable resolution size.
  8. iiiNelson

Coming back to photography: ditch Adobe?

I’ve been off the “Adobe drug” for the better part of the last 6 or 7 years. I exclusively use C1 and Affinity products at this point for photo needs. I have no regrets and don’t miss much about Adobe. The mobile apps I’m sure have improved but if you’re a heavy user that $10/mo can increase...
  9. iiiNelson

Kinefinity Mavo Edge 8K

Well the bug bit me and I picked one up on a Black Friday sale. Should arrive before Christmas.
  10. iiiNelson

Z9

Looks like a great offering. I personally would lie a mechanical shutter for confidence in tricky lighting but no huge faults with this camera.
  11. iiiNelson

Sony A7 IV Unveiled: 33MP Sensor & ISO 200,000!

Looks like a solid addition but I’m also am not the targeted demographic for this type of camera I assume. Personally people buy full frame cameras for a variety of reasons. Seeing the video needing to go to an APS-C crop for high frame rate video is a pet peeve of mine personally. Either the...
  12. iiiNelson

Bought a Sigma fp L

I love the idea of the Sigma fp and the only things that stopped me from getting one was lack of mechanical shutter and that the screen doesn’t tilt. Great concept though and I’m happy that someone sees value in a modular camera still.
  13. iiiNelson

Leitz joins L-Mount Alliance

ERNST LEITZ WETZLAR GMBH JOINS THE L-MOUNT ALLIANCE OCTOBER 14, 2021 Ernst Leitz Wetzlar GmbH is the first company to join the L-Mount Alliance since the public announcement of the standard at photokina 2018. Consisting of founding members Leica Camera AG, SIGMA, and Panasonic, the goal of the...
  14. iiiNelson

Recommend A Mount Lenses for A99 F1.8-F2.0

I can confirm that the 135/1.8 is excellent isthe lens that likely moved a lot of A900 bodies. It’s also the only A-mount lens I still own.
  15. iiiNelson

Two new M.Zuiko lenses

I don’t disagree that bodies are becoming good enough that it makes sense to not upgrade at each revision (and I’ve personally have operated this way for years now) but there was a lot of maturity that had to happen with digital as the market shifted. As for Panasonic, the Lumix division is...
  16. iiiNelson

Sigma new products annoucement in 6 days !

I wouldn’t mind a Sigma fp with a mechanical shutter and some of the things like hand grips and accessory attachments already included in the package. I like the idea of modular but they took a strong “Frankenstein” approach to their design and a lot of the modular pieces feel out of place like...
  17. iiiNelson

Tempted, very tempted... GRIIIx

Yeah… I’ve been intrigued by this one as well. Just can’t find a clear date on product delivery to see if it’s something I really want.
  18. iiiNelson

Two new M.Zuiko lenses

I think there are two different arguments being made. No one (I don’t believe) is questioning the capability of the product. People are questioning the long term viability of the brand and how it will continue to be perceived as a market failure due to managerial decisions to not adjust and...
  19. iiiNelson

Two new M.Zuiko lenses

I think like so much these days price and perception of value is going to likely determine commercial success even when critical praise is earned. I can’t help but think that it behooves Olympus to maybe jump in with another company like Sony E-mount to provide some great E-mount APS-C lenses...
  20. iiiNelson

Sigma new products annoucement in 6 days !

That’s up to Canon and Nikon to open their lens mount protocols to 3rd party lens designers. As it stands, everyone would need to reverse engineer lens compatibility with the newer mounts. With the costs of design and development increasing, I can’t imagine that’s a venture most want to spend...