The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Comment by 'PeterA' in media 'Forgotten'

Lovely tones
  2. P

Always a bad idea to store all your photo's in just one location

Raid5 + 2X seperate copies on hard drives kept in separate locations - updated at end of each year following culling which is getting more aggressive all teh time. I have 2 cataloguing systems one for family happy snaps which are precious and the other is for stuff I want to print or have...
  3. P

Street Photography

Congratulations on the new look of the site Olaf - and making a forum for street shooters which is camera agnostic. Pete
  4. P

Quarantine Pictures * Any Format *

gfx100 |Leica Nocti
  5. P

Judging by the 'chops' you evidenced in the piano link above - I'd say that your mental faculties are just fine - and of coursea little reward to yourself after the Covid episode is a necessary part of ful recovery regime.
  6. P

Hang in there Matt - keep us posted. Pete
  7. P

The virus can only get to you via surface contact transferred through 1. mucus membrane in mouth/eyes/nose or 2. aerosol in confined places - so stay inside, 3. avoid contact with surfaces outside of your home, use social distancing and wash hands properly with soap often. We are all in this...
  8. P

Very well done dj - great shot and I love the shadow (music stand) peaking into the frame.
  9. P

I can still take walks for exercise purposes - so I take a camera with me of course.
  10. P

People and Portraits Photos Pool

Kate. Canon 1DS 17-40.
  11. P

Classic nude

lower body light looks more natural...face work way too bright in comparison
  12. P

Classic nude

That was an ephatic 'NO" reaction - which is a great sign for any budding photogrpaher to get btw - strong reaction(s) Why do you think it was meant as a joke? Seriously I'd like to understand your thinking... Pete
  13. P

Classic nude

The PS work is total absolute crapola but you know that...yes ....like that except the head should be behind some fruit/veggies... your dodge burn was total crapola and an insult to the composition and time yout took to make the shot and all that goes with it... you can thank me when you...
  14. P

Classic nude

Well if you are studying the painters - you will have noted that your lighting is off - a marked difference between the tonality of the face and mid to lower body... secondly my 'take' on the photograph would be to .... replace the model's head with the larger vegetable or melon and put her...
  15. P

Classic nude

Charles - your first image is a great composition - referencing a painterly form. Makes me want to ask you why? Which is an indication of a successful image. Using so called 'classic' form in a different context is a powerful device. Interested to see where you are going with this. The...
  16. P

The SL is the sexiest camera Leica have ever made.

OK -I putting it out there...I'm going on a limb...I know I'm going to get smashed in hr for saying this... BUT I don't care... The SL - just judging by the photos I've seen is now officially the stand out most beautiful camera Leica have ever designed- I want it because it looks fantastic-...
  17. P

Wide Angle shooting M9 V M240 - experiences appreciated

Hello people I would appreciate your thoughts based on your experiences as I am deciding on whether to buy a 240M-P or not specifically based on whether I will get an appreciable improvement (hopefully) when using wide angle lenses. In simple language - will the 240-P give me better edge to...
  18. P

The Kodak SLR Thread

Congratulations Carsten on your new camera - and I think it is a very sensible reminder to folks that a lot of fun is what photography is about to photographers and great images can be made by pretty much any camera in the hands of an enthusiast. Lovely thread thanks for posting your shots guys.