The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Landscape Photography

I would very much like to hear any and all critiques of this image.
  2. J

Street Photography

State Fair, I enjoy street work, candids at events are a target-rich environment.
  3. J

Street Photography

San Francisco street scene.
  4. J

Landscape Photography

One of my very first landscapes.
  5. J

Portrait Photography

I would appreciate any and all critiques.
  6. J

Artful pics of flora...

I like flowers in all their states.
  7. J

Artful pics of flora...

You did good!
  8. J

Landscape Photography

This is a different compression shot with the same 300mm lens on a d800e. I reduced it a lot, from a 20 x 30 inch to a 8 x 10.
  9. J

Landscape Photography

No, I stopped using film long ago, specifically because I thought the quality was so poor. I really do not know what to say about your comment that the quality is so poor. It could be because it is a reduced JPEG at 100 DPI without output sharpening. But in looking at the raw image it seems...
  10. J

Landscape Photography

My sentiments also.
  11. J

Street Photography

Excellent execution of your stated intention. For my taste, I like a bit more snap (just a tad) in the lower range of mid-tones. (The clarity slider, just a small bit) I don't do it that way but the result is similar. This is an example of a good eye and a refined sense of story.
  12. J

Landscape Photography

This is a nice subtle image. It is processed to a specific aesthetic, a flatter set of mid-tones than I prefer, but the scene is lovely and has an emotive content.
  13. J

Landscape Photography

I really like taking landscape and compressing it with a long lens. There are two kinds of images; one is contained with a single point to rest your eyes upon, all of the elements lead directly to this one point. The other is more complex, an uncontained image is a low percentage attempt in...
  14. J

Landscape Photography

It was a fairly heavy, fast, and steady rain. I suspect this mitigated any critical sharpness. The sky was changing rapidly as the winds aloft were vigorous. The sky was dramatic. I process for tonal values which often carries color contrast along with it. I desaturate the color a bit...
  15. J

Landscape Photography

Yes, I do believe it is the same feature from a bit of a different angle. It is either a dust bunny or a bird. One more thing to spot out. It was raining hard when I took this image. I was wet for a month since it rained literally every day. I am curious when you say over processed for your...
  16. J

Landscape Photography

As always I welcome any and all critiques.
  17. J

Street Photography

Street images vary in content, some involve people some do not. This is part of my series of reflections. It is as is virtually all of my work a straight image, no compositing at all.
  18. J

Street Photography

Content Protected by Owner prevents us from critiquing the image.
  19. J

Street Photography

This I think would be an example of place (stage) and subject working with each other to make a statement.
  20. J

Street Photography

Actually, in many ways we do not disagree at all. I can see the intention that the artist did in this image and I agree that the place has equal if not more weight than the people in the subject. The people are the weakest element in the image. They are just walking. Had they also had either...