The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Jorgen Udvang

Z6II and Z7II Announcement Coming 10/14

When I read about people's problems with stuff they buy online, Jorgen's Rule No. 1 for a Happy Trouble Free Life comes to my mind: Never live more than an hours drive from a camera shop with friendly, competent staff and good coffee! Yeah, I know. There are hardly any good camera shops around...
  2. Jorgen Udvang

What really matters to you for ultimate digital image *quality*?

My best 5... it's an impossible question, but here's in no particular order some photos that I keep coming back to: Nikon F6 with Samyang 135mm f/2 and HP5 Fuji S3 with Tamron 24-135mm f/4-5.6 Panasonic GX8 with Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 Nikon D810 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 Nikon D810 with Nikkor...
  3. Jorgen Udvang

What really matters to you for ultimate digital image *quality*?

There are two important reasons why I don't shoot medium format digital: - Money. I can't afford it, at least not now. - Size, or the lack thereof. I mostly don't shoot medium format to get endless resolution or colour depth, but because the larger formats give a certain "look" that is mostly...
  4. Jorgen Udvang

What SD card sizes do you use?

For an A7R IV, I would say that dual 128GB is a minimum. You would mostly survive with 64GB cards, but the feeling of getting close to the ceiling before the day is over is a distraction.
  5. Jorgen Udvang

Help needed please.

Exactly. We are all different personalities, and we all have different purposes with our travel. If I could choose, I would travel always, mostly to take photos. I have neither wife nor iPhone, so have to settle with what I have... my cameras. I prefer overcast, somewhat rainy days, when the...
  6. Jorgen Udvang

Canon RF or EF?

RF vs. EF: 3-0 But if I didn't see them side by side, and there was 10 minutes between the view, I wouldn't be able to see which is which, except for the unsharpened f/1.2.
  7. Jorgen Udvang

Help needed please.

1. D300, placed the camera on a table with open battery hatch. Hatch broke off at the hinge. 2. D300, broke the top LCD glass while entering a car. Camera worked, but it was raining, so didn't want to cause more damage. 3. D80, shutter failure. 4. D80, broken top plate after fall to the floor...
  8. Jorgen Udvang

The GX8 replacement is here. It's a Fuji

Spot on, Godfrey, but the GX9 is a no go for me. No mic socket and no fully articulated screen. I also want a new Panasonic camera. Changing systems is not my favourite activity. I might end up buying a G95, G9 or GH5, but they are really too big.
  9. Jorgen Udvang

Then there's the G95 which is only a year older and more competitive except the smaller sensor, cropped 4K video, only 120fps slo mo and the siiiiiiiize....: As a pure video production tool, the G95 is probably better, since the larger size probably gives better cooling, there's no clip...
  10. Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 13.41.50.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 13.41.50.jpg

X-S10 and G95
  11. Jorgen Udvang

Yes, it's 5 years older and it hasn't been replaced. Not by Panasonic anyway.
  12. Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 08.40.32.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 08.40.32.jpg

GX8 and X-S10
  13. Jorgen Udvang

Fuji has launched the X-S10, and it's smaller than my GX8. If you take away the grip and the viewfinder bump, it's about the size of a GX9, and it's nearly the same price as the GX9 too. Compared to the Panasonic mid-range trio (GX8, GX9 and G90/95) it has: - Better, larger sensor with higher...
  14. Jorgen Udvang

New stuff from Fuji--update to lens road map and new camera (X Summit)

This camera is much smaller than my Panasonic/MFT GX8, more or less the same size and weight with lenses, and with much better specs. MFT cameras with similar or better specs (G9 or GH5) are all much larger except the E-M1 series, which I don't like due to ergonomics. If Panasonic doesn't come...
  15. Jorgen Udvang

New stuff from Fuji--update to lens road map and new camera (X Summit)

I totally love the X-S10. All the right specs, apparently great ergonomics and the right price. If I didn't have a lot of gear already... etc.
  16. Jorgen Udvang

What is the latest photographic book you purchased and why?

I don't buy photo books often, Across this Ravaged Land by Nick Brandt is the one I keep coming back to. https://www.nickbrandt.com/portfolio.cfm?nK=14260&nS=5 Not only does Nick Brandt take some of the best African wildlife photos, but his attitude towards his subjects and the environment in...
  17. Jorgen Udvang

something old and something newer

I like the old one more.
  18. Jorgen Udvang

Z6II and Z7II Announcement Coming 10/14

Try to hot swap a battery if there's only one. Yes, some people do shoot video.
  19. Jorgen Udvang

Help needed please.

I always carry two identical bodies when I travel. For the last few years that have been two Panasonic GX8 which are more or less the same size as the Nikon Z6. There are two reasons why I do that: - Backup in case of failure like Rayyan. I believe Rayyan and I travel to more or less the same...
  20. Jorgen Udvang

Help needed please.

In reality you have three systems, Fuji X, Nikon F and Nikon Z. The two Nikons don't even share batteries. This is all very personal, but if it were me, I would go for the Nikons. The Df with one or two good primes, the Z6 with the zooms that you need. This gives you full frame at more or less...