The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Elliot

The GX8 replacement is here. It's a Fuji

No doubt the Fuji is a great camera. However, relative to the GX-8, the smaller viewfinder is a big difference, 0.62 vs 0.77. Admittedly, I am a stills shooter who rarely records any video.
  2. Elliot

A major update!

Thanks, that helps.
  3. Elliot

A major update!

I think this is similar to my query. Within a thread, you could have the postings in reverse order, so the first post you see is the very latest posting. Am I missing something, or has this not been implemented?
  4. Elliot

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Zadar, Croatia sunset Panasonic G85, Panasonic Lumix 12-32mm at 12mm, f/11, 1/1000, 200 ISO © E. Vittes
  5. Elliot

Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 PRO lens available

I usually have just one camera. Last week, for example, I took the E-M10.3 with me and the small Panasonic 12-32 and Olympus 40-150 lenses to Portland, Maine, where I had a day to explore. A Great Black Hawk from southern Mexico and points south was in town. He had been seen elsewhere in Maine...
  6. Elliot

It is the day after the Thanksgiving holiday here. I didn't know that squirrels chewed on branches and leaves. Olympus E-M1 Mark II with Panasonic Leica 100-400 1/250, f/6.3, 400mm, ISO 3200 for both photographs
  7. Elliot

First-time trying out this combination Olympus OM-D E-M1.2 with Panasonic 100-400 lens 400mm, f/6.3, 1/80, ISO 3200 Red-bellied Woodpecker
  8. Elliot

Sony A6500 and 18-135mm lens

I have been a longtime micro four-thirds camera person, and also earlier a Pentax user. With travel looming this summer, I have been looking for a general purpose single lens in a lightweight kit. Right now, I have the Panasonic G85 with a couple of lenses. I have been looking at lenses for...
  9. Elliot

"Progress" These photos were from an Ottawa visit in June of 2014, and their posting was inspired by Jorgen's recent post in the Samyang 50 f/1.2 thread. Olympus E-M1 and 12-40 f/2.8 lens 1/400 f/6.3 20mm 200 ISO Olympus E-M1 and 12-40 f/2.8 lens 1/80 f/3.2 34mm 200 ISO
  10. Elliot

The 2's: Tree branches, Cormorants, Turtles Panasonic G85 Panasonic 100-400mm
  11. Elliot

Traffic jam in the Broad River Panasonic G85 + 100-400 1/640, f/6.1, ISO 320, 364mm,cropped
  12. Elliot

Louis, Excellent captures! I have a couple of recent shots of small birds, too. The first is a blue tit I see in the morning here in South Carolina. Olympus E-M1.1 and Olympus 45mm f1.8 The second is a frenetic little Tufted Titmouse who was visiting the feeder yesterday (Boxing Day). I...
  13. Elliot

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Oktoberfest in South Carolina
  14. Elliot

See the bee

I was taking photos of very intensely colored flowers using my original Olympus 45mm f/1.7 lens. The bees were active, and although it is certainly not a macro lens, with serious cropping there were some satisfactory shots. Mostly it was interesting to see how the Panasonic G85 and Olympus lens...
  15. Elliot

KS-1 and DFA 50mm f/2.8 macro

I actually was taking photos of flowers and seeds nearby and saw the butterfly incidentally. The camera was in monochrome mode -- I had forgotten the previous night's couple of shots. These are just the RAW files with modest sharpening.
  16. Elliot

Fun with the K-70

This morning along the Columbia Canal (Columbia SC) there was a turtle enjoying the warm weather. This is shot with a K-70 and the HD DA 55-300 PLM RE WR lens. The lens was fully extended to 300mm, at F6.3, 1/320 second, 400 ISO. It is heavily cropped, with a bit of sharpening, otherwise...
  17. Elliot

Bullfrog in South Carolina and K-70

Yesterday afternoon was in the low 80s and pleasant along the Congaree River in Columbia, South Carolina, just below where the Saluda River enters. This bullfrog was situated in a drainage area that feeds into the river. Pentax K-70 Pentax HD DA 55-300mm ED PLM WR RE lens JPG capture 1/250...
  18. Elliot

New Panasonic G85 with old Olympus mZuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 I may have overexposed #1 and #2 (shot through glass), but the lighting was tricky. I like the way the G85 handles and am going to expand my Panasonic lenses, trying to decide between the 12-35mm mk 1 lens and the upcoming 12-60 f/2.8...
  19. Elliot

Artful pics of flora...

Here is a favorite one from 2005. I think some people will like the background and others not, I really like the color and light in the flower. Panasonic FZ15, 100 ISO, 22mm, f/2.8, 1/60
  20. Elliot

Anyone using a K-3?

I thought it might be useful to reinvigorate the K-3 thread, as I cannot imagine that everyone has migrated to the K-1.:) Pentax/Ricoh actually still make crop lenses (!), and one of the newest is the DA 55-300 f4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE. I have only taken about a dozen photos around the house, but...