The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. scho

Big Sur Beta

I just upgraded my desktop computer, Mac Mini (2014) to the Big Sur Beta today. No issues so far, but will post here if anything pops up. A relief to be done with the previous buggy OS and hope that Big Sur is better. Please post any issues here.
  2. scho

Luminar 4

If you were one of the early birds that pre-ordered Luminar 4 prior to August 8, it is now available for download. I processed the Fuji GFX 50R image below in Luminar 4 and applied the new sky replacement tool. Works well as do several other of the new AI enhancement tools. Another GFX 50R...
  3. scho

New film processor

Great if it works, but also expensive for what it does. Freestyle
  4. scho

KolariVision

I have two outstanding orders for filters from Kolari (from March) and they do not answer my emails or phone calls for status info. Anyone else have bad experience with this company recently? edit: Finally received a reply and apparently they are having serious QC problems with their supplier...
  5. scho

Triptych

Just playing with a Leica M landscape image for printing as a triptych. Sized original to 25.5x11inches and printed borderless in ImagePrint Black to three 8.5 x11 inch sheets of the new, Hahnemuehle Photo Rag Metallic. The shimmering, metallic light gloss surface of this media works well with...
  6. scho

Leica M (typ 262) pricing?

I'm considering getting another M, now that my vision has been corrected after cataract surgery. Looking at the M 262 I see that prices (new) are all over the map. Lowest I've found so far is $4195 on Amazon (from Cameras West SF), but all others at least $500 more. What is this all about?
  7. scho

New Image Processor

This was first posted today over at DPR. Fantastic little app (Mac only) for viewing and processing Sigma x3f and DNG files. It is Lyn and can be dowloaded free for a 15 day trial or purchase for $20. Opens and processes x3f and DNG files from my SD1, sd QH, and DP2M. Here is an sdQH file...
  8. scho

A7MkII Ibis Setting Question

i will be using a Sony A7MkII with my pair (24-85 and 70-200) of Contax N lenses via the Fringer III AF adapter. Aperture on the lens is set to wide open and shooting aperture is set on the camera body. Lens name, shooting focal length, and aperture are recorded in exif. I'm assuming that if I...
  9. scho

GoPro Snaps

A couple of walkabout snaps taken with the GoPro Hero 5 Black. Photo jpeg mode, voice activated ("GoPro, take a photo"). The ultimate in lazy walkabout shooting.:)
  10. scho

Hover Camera

A new hands free selfie camera. Passport
  11. scho

New Sigma 14mm Lens coming?

If they make this lens in SA mount and it is as good or better than the Dp0Q lens then I'll sell my DpO and just use this 14mm on the sdQ.
  12. scho

FWIW sdQ/DP2M Comparison

One shot each, tripod mounted ISO 100 f/8. 18-35/1.8 @ 31mm on the sdQ. Same SPP 6.4 processing settings (sharpening -0.7, fill +0.3, rest 0) for each exported tifs to LR and custom WB on 3rd gray patch in the Colorchecker chart. No sharpening or clarity adjustments. Click for full size...
  13. scho

Sigma sd Quattro Images

First walkabout with the new sd Quattro at the Cornell Arboretum. Lens used was the Sigma 18-35 A. All shots taken on a tripod. SPP 6.40 processing. Harsh, contrasty early afternoon lighting. Used SFD mode for the last image and processed as x3f, S-Hi.
  14. scho

Sigma Bag Mates

My Sigma camera bag now has one permanent resident and a new companion. The permanent resident is the Sigma DP2M that was recently re-purchased after a long absence (big mistake to sell the first one). The new companion DP0Q is (for me and the DP2M) considered a visitor for now until I see how...
  15. scho

DP0 Quattro firmware 1.01

Just received a new DP0 Q with firmware 1.00. Downloaded firmware 1.01, but camera does not see the file on card. Also, the firmware file is 38 mb, but download site says it it should be 28 mb. Anyone else had problems updating to 1.01?
  16. scho

Adobe LR 2015.6 Printing BUG!

If you use a color managed printing workflow from within LR 2015.6 please be aware that there is a serious bug that will produce off colors. Others have reported the same issue and we can only hope that Adobe doesn't ignore this. I am currently working around this problem by printing from the...
  17. scho

Epson ET Printers

Has anyone tried setting up one of the new Epson Eco Tank printers with a quad B&W inkset (eg. MIS UT inks or Cone Piezo inks) to print small greyscale images for note cards? I know that the ET printers use cheap, poor quality dye based ink, but I've used older dye based printers with carbon...
  18. scho

Displaying laminated prints

I've been printing borderless images on Ilford Smooth Pearl using a Canon ipF6100 and then hot laminating the prints in an Akiles 18.5 inch pouch laminator. I've tried both matte and high gloss 5 mil laminating pouches and prefer the gloss where lighting can be controlled and there are no...
  19. scho

iPad+A7R "Scanner"

This is my test set-up for making hi-res "scans" of 4x5 negs and transparencies. Light source is an iPad Mini with a blank white screen. Negative/transparency holder is a magnetic Lucite block 4x6 picture frame from Crate & Barrel. Camera is 36 MP Sony A7R with Canon EF 100mm Macro lens in...
  20. scho

New 55 PN film

Has anyone tried this film yet? How does it compare to the old polaroid type 55? I used to shoot a lot of the old Polaroid for the negatives.