The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Thinking of trading an ALPA SWA or TC for a hasselblad 903?

Thank you epforever, I very much appreciate your thoughts :)
  2. J

WTT Alpa 12 SWA

Looking to trade my Alpa 12 SWA due to lack of use. Its quite literally brand new. Open to trades on Hasselblad digital bodies or a 903. Film backs and glass available too. Located in Switzerland but travel to London and Munich often
  3. J

Thinking of trading an ALPA SWA or TC for a hasselblad 903?

Hello. What do you think would be a fair trade between an ALPA SWA or TC with 6x8 film back and 58mm lens in exchange for a hasselblad 903? Would you ask for cash on top and if so, how much. To take the variable out, lets assume everything on both sides is clean and in the same/equivalent...
  4. J

What is wrong with my Leicavit?

Anyone with the same experience as me with a leicavit?
  5. J

What is wrong with my Leicavit?

I just got a Leicavit (black) for about $880 boxed and mint. Tried it on my MP with a tester roll of film and when I advance quickly (like they say - "advanced photogs... 2 shots a second..." ), every few advances it feels like it slips the advance or doesn't fully advance. The anomaly starts in...
  6. J

Making a custom Alpa-Hasselblad V film adapter. Can you take some measurements for me please?

Ok well thanks tcdeveau for putting it very clearly. In that case, I’ll forget about 6x6 on alpa.
  7. J

Making a custom Alpa-Hasselblad V film adapter. Can you take some measurements for me please?

Guys... I just want to use modern Hassy film backs (than need “pinning” ) on my alpa so, I asked a maker if he could make me a back. Just for me to use myself. How is that infringing on Alpa’s IP? We needed the measurements to see if it was possible to put a pinning mechanism in something that...
  8. J

What is "composing in camera"?

Thanks for the feedback and opinions all :) understood now.
  9. J

What is "composing in camera"?

Clearly this is in the wrong sub forum bit I wasn't sure where to put a question like this. A couple of times I've read that XYZ photographer is known for "composing in camera", most recently about Shinya Arimoto and his SWC/903 street portraits. What is composing in camera? Is it the thing that...
  10. J

Interactive illustration of FoV changes with focal length and aspect ratio changes

this is a brilliant idea. I’ll use this solution. I’ll look mr Cramer. Thanks Dave :) thanks both, unfortunately I’m stuck with the 10 which is a 28 only... Thanks Alan, I’ll have a look at this one too. thanks very much all :) very helpful as usual! 😬
  11. J

Interactive illustration of FoV changes with focal length and aspect ratio changes

Thanks Dave. Just want to get an idea of how my lens will look on different film formats (645, 6x6 and my current 6x8) but there’s nothing that I can find that will do this. I don’t care if it’s a stick photo or a picture that I take/whatever.
  12. J

how do apps like the director VF apps or the alpa vf app show FoVs for extra wide lenses on wide film backs. The iPhone native FL is only 28mm So how can these apps show a wider FoV?
  13. J

Hello Do you know of a website or app etc where you can see the impact on FoV by playing around with lens focal length (FL) and back aspect ratio (AR)? I know how to get 35mm focal length equivalents based on FL and AR but I’d like a way of visualising the change to the potential image.
  14. J

Anyone with an Alpa/Hasselblad V back? it’s a 2 minute request :)
  15. J

Hi All I’m having someone make me a Hasselblad V back to Alpa adapter with a function that “pins” the back to allow it to advance (just as happens when the back is attached to a Hasselblad body). I need a few measurements of the regular alpa to Hasselblad v adapter but I don’t have one. Is...
  16. J

Alpa Linhof backs

exactemondo 👌🏼
  17. J

Alpa Linhof backs

well, that answers it... Thanks Alkibiades
  18. J

Alpa Linhof backs

yeah I didn’t have much luck on that but either.