The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Dating back to the 7th Century, Whitby Abbey stands in remarkable and gothic isolation on the hills over the North Yorkshire town. It was confiscated by the Crown during Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in the 16th Century, leading to its ruination. I will be posting more shots of...
  2. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

The sun going down on Mount Gellibrand wind farm (Victoria, Australia). Fuji GFX100S with various Pentax lenses _DSF4821_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr _DSF4825_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr _DSF4834_Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr _DSF4837_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst...
  3. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Speaking of highlights and flare, here's a shot taken at Belvoir Castle during my recent visit to the UK. It's the seat of the Duke of Rutland in the rolling countryside outside Grantham (where I grew up). GFX100S with Pentax 67 200mm f4 (late) lens Belvoir Castle at sunset by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  4. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Interesting! Time will tell. I do enjoy the Pentax lenses and like their rendering; however, I can't compare from first-hand experience, as I don't own a single Fuji lens yet. For sure, one thing I will find very useful is having a 20mm lens... At present, I have nothing wider than Pentax's...
  5. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Thanks, my friend. I truly appreciate that very much.
  6. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Hi there! Sorry for the slow reply... So far, I am getting to be very happy with the transition in most respects. The extra MP is obviously nice, but it's not the main thing. Despite the bigger files, the camera will shoot continuously at a faster rate, even shooting RAWs - which matters to...
  7. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

More Melbourne. This time a Docklands dawn... Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 645 28-45mm lens @ 28mm
  8. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

By the way, I edited my post above, which resulted in adding a B&W shot at the start, so this message relates to what is now the second B&W image.
  9. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Thanks so much! :-)
  10. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

And now some pictures taken during a trip I took last month to Melbourne Southbank seen from East Melbourne Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ approx. 80mm _DSF4698_BWVersionStep8FlatsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr The CBD and Southbank seen from East Melbourne Fuji GFX100S with...
  11. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Love that, John!
  12. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Sorry about the recent abundance of star trail images from me. It's just sort of worked out that way! This one is a bit of a case study in handling extreme lighting conditions, while still capturing the stars. Aren't modern sensors amazing? Though quite a bit of processing care was needed to...
  13. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

I'm intrigued now, Dave!
  14. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

The main exposure was 4 mins. No ND - it was pre-dawn and very dark. I did blend with two shorter exposures for the brighter parts of the scene. For some reason the exposure details shown in Flickr are from one of those shorter exposure files.
  15. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Built in 1968, 'Lady Cutler' worked hard in Sydney Harbour ferrying people around until she was decommissioned in 1991. Following a long and complex period, in which she changed hands more than once and received an extensive rebuild, she re-entered service in Melbourne in 2008. Here she is...
  16. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Delicious mood there, David!
  17. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

Absolutely beautiful image, Greg!
  18. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

And now another shot from my recent visit to the UK. This time taken in my home town of Grantham, where my dear mother still lives. St. Wulfram's church (or its predecessors) has soared over the town since the 12th century... I went to school in its shadow and it somehow still exerts a...
  19. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

A picture I have had in the back of my mind for quite some time. Finally managed to take it recently. Sydneysiders will frequently have looked at weather radar images from this installation, situated in Terrey Hills. It covers a wide area and provides millions of people with an insight to...
  20. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2022

I was recently back in my home country, and took the opportunity to shoot this (various other subjects will follow when I have had the time to catch up on my editing). The Palace of Westminster from Parliament Square. Note that the clock had, in fact, stopped - due to major restoration work...