The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

GPS tracker for your gear??

I ended up getting 4 airtags pack. Although my stuff wasn't stolen ;) I was able to see that it worked well!!
  2. A

Z9

You know what? I found chickens to be incredibly hard to track with their unpredictable head movements 😂
  3. A

Nikon Z 800mm f/6.3

Oh yea.. I’ve seen this guys content (of other gear) and it’s really good! Will check this out today
  4. A

Nikon 28-75 2.8 Z and 800mm 6.3 Z

Quite a close guess!! It’s $6499 😍😍😍
  5. A

Nikon Z 800mm f/6.3

dpreview review is out and happily surprised by the price on this lens.. will most likely preorder it 😍 $6499 is quite an impressive price
  6. A

GPS tracker for your gear??

Anybody here uses any GPS tracker for photo gear? I am reading that apple airtags might be a good tool but the catch is, it only works when it's near an iPhone to feed off of. Don't like dealing with "ifs" and "buts" Are dog/cat trackers any useful? Wish ALL modern gear came with a built-in...
  7. A

Good by

I guess most people just use social media where there is a lot more visibility and a lot more traction to achieve.. I am part of a Fuji gfx group on FB, so many people these days are starting off their photography hobby with a medium format camera! They know nothing about the gear they want or...
  8. A

Good by

It would be so nice to have a zillion members post 100mb files a zillion times a day.. wish people understood how things worked behind the scenes before throwing tantrums 😬
  9. A

Why none of the Canon R3 reviewers seem to be using a 28-70 f/2?

Yea true and smaller files also help
  10. A

Underwater camera recommendations?

Thanks for the tips @atanabe . I will be keeping it simple. I don’t know what I was thinking initially.. I was clearly getting ahead of myself when I have zero experience under water 😌 I’ll be taking a GoPro and that should be it
  11. A

Lumix S1R experience

I have an S1R along with a Leica SL2. I use the S1R primarily for the post focus feature to stack images “in camera”. Also use the sigma 105 macro lens on that.. again, for stacking. It gets under used because of the other cameras I have but I intend to only use it for these purposes. THe IQ...
  12. A

SL2 v SL2s v M10

I do not have an M but I’ve got an SL2. I and everyone else can tell you the EVF on that is from the future! So is the LCD display! It is the best ever I’ve used and I’ve used ALL brands 😁 with very effective focus peaking, your M lenses are going to be easier than ever to use on the SL2/SL2-S...
  13. A

The R5 is plenty good. I honestly wish I kept the R5 too. I have the canon 11-24 and the VND filter adapter. I would’ve liked a 45MP for landscapes.. I’ll probably get one later by swapping out some of my other unused gear. I know 24MP was the most available few years ago and we were all quite...
  14. A

this really seems like a whole new dimension with different rules :) I have the goPro Hero 3+ which is REALLY old.. it has 4K too! Looks like the Hero 10 (or even 9) might be a good enough no-nonsense choice after all. It's decided then... I'll just buy a GoPro! All other options require some...
  15. A

yea I agree the wider lens is more conventional and captures the scene as you may want to see it. I have NEVER done snorkeling before.. I don't quite know what to expect, so I thought an all in one lens might help. Also, 18mm (~27mm) should be wide enough I thought. I guess it makes total sense...
  16. A

I was hoping I could get a housing for the a6600 + PZ 18-105 lens which would cover a pretty solid zoom range
  17. A

Thanks @ggibson Those are some solid insights. I didn't realize I'd have to consider so many different aspects! I have a Sony zv-1 as well and it looks like they make cases for that too. That's on the table too now I guess. Any impressions on the Sealife cameras (DC2000 which seems to be...
  18. A

Hello folks! I have some snorkeling plans coming up in the future. Any recommendations besides a GoPro or something alike? I have a Sony a6600 in compact camera systems and the housing for that and other cameras are outrageously expensive! 1.5x times the camera itself.. I'd like really high...
  19. A

I sold my R5 soon after I decided I want to keep the R3. The eye control works reliably for me. The 30 fps and the slightly advanced tracking capabilities were good enough reasons for me to upgrade. For me, the R5 was slightly smaller but the R3 is much larger. I wish there was an in-between...