The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

All that really matters is finding the right equipment for yourself. How one arrives there is an individual journey. There will likely be stops along the way as well as forks in the road. One of the few things about which I have no doubt, the right equipment for me will never be the right...
  2. TechTalk

Looking for Mamiya / Leaf maintenance and support

An excellent suggestion for cameras that use a cable from the camera or lens to trigger the back. Replacing a cable may be all that's needed, if there is a sync issue between the camera and sensor. In the case of the original poster's camera and back, the connection is made thru built-in...
  3. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

I like the quote from Robert OToole in the link above... "I create content for this site for fun in my free time. Instead of making a few dollars from this site, I'm more concerned about teaching people to learn to use what they already have, rather than waste time and money buying more...
  4. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

That will depend on the specific model of Imacon/Hasselblad Flextight scanner as the lens changed with various models over time. Your memory is excellent, as some of the older original Imacon Flextight models appear to have used the Apo Rodagon D 75mm as you said. The most recent Flextight X1...
  5. TechTalk

If the problem is caused by the camera body, the body can be repaired or replaced relatively easily.
  6. TechTalk

Your images remind me of a problem that I had several years ago. It was so long ago that my memory is hazy, but if I remember correctly it was a synchronization issue where the sensor was reading out while the shutter was still open. Like I said, my memory of this is hazy and it may be something...
  7. TechTalk

That's a good thought. It might be a good idea to try a different cable or a different card.
  8. TechTalk

Puzzled at the Abysmal Performance of Hasselblad's Phocus Software (Why all the praise?)

So far, except for repeated descriptions and complaints of a problem with exceptionally slow speed; there's been no explanation offered of how images are being captured, how they're being transferred, or what steps have already been taken to troubleshoot the issue. If the issue is as described...
  9. TechTalk

Puzzled at the Abysmal Performance of Hasselblad's Phocus Software (Why all the praise?)

Being a pro, you tested and evaluated this under your daily "mission-critical work" conditions prior to convincing your "superiors to drop megabucks". What's changed in your system or setup between the time when you tested and evaluated the system for your daily professional mission-critical...
  10. TechTalk

Definitely belongs in the digital imaging tech support hall of fame. I hope he's doing well as he solved so many issues for me so many times. Of course, there are good reasons why professional users, and consumers buying professional quality gear, work with a top-notch professional dealer like...
  11. TechTalk

I've not used any of the Hasselblad mirrorless cameras. I've been using a variety of brands and models of multi-shot digital backs for commercial product and repro work for the past 25 years. Most recently with the H6D-400c. As for professionalism, the professionals that I've worked with have...
  12. TechTalk

Your guessing is completely off base and a little bit insulting.
  13. TechTalk

Over the past several years, I've used a variety of hardware and software. I've experienced corrupted software files, corrupted image files, and hardware issues. All were eventually solved with patience, persistence, and occasional help from the manufacturer's tech support. The strangest, which...
  14. TechTalk

If you have another computer to load the software and some of your images on, it may be helpful to determine if the problem you're experiencing is consistent and persists with a new application installation on different hardware.
  15. TechTalk

I'm still curious what the response was from Hasselblad support. I assume that before you came online to start broadcasting to the world that their software was a "poorly implemented piece of crap", "awful software", and a "wasteful piece of software", for which they "should be ashamed of...
  16. TechTalk

It hasn't been mentioned yet, so I'll suggest checking Phocus preferences to make sure that "Extended GPU Usage" is activated.
  17. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

If you're looking for information on a huge variety of enlarging lenses try Photo Cornucopia - The Big List of Enlarging Lenses. There are lots of links to additional information there as well. Here's a link they provide to a Schneider enlarging lens catalog with loads of information. I also...
  18. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

For a 39mm Leica thread enlarger lens, like the Schneider 90mm f/4.5 APO-Componon HM, you'd just need the Novoflex PROLEI adapter ring. Just ignore the "Requires Lens Ring" warning because it isn't required, but you have to read the fine print to find that out. They seem to go to some effort to...
  19. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

Bellows have been an integral part of Novoflex history. I stumbled on a Novoflex history article recently on a Swiss photo site. This links to a Google Translate version of the article. The original version is linked here. They've made bellows for quite a variety of cameras over the years.
  20. TechTalk

Setting up a repro stand

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also enjoyed your floral portraits! I would add just a couple of things from my own experience. There are two options for focusing the 135 mm Makro-Planar, one of the various models of bellows or the Variable Extension Tube 64-85. With the variable...