The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

907X funky corner at f/32

Excellent points! Thank you very much for this! Will try today actually.
  2. K

Great tip. Though last time I used Sensor clean it left massive visible streaks on the sensor that just wouldn't clear until I did a pass with VDust. Maybe I should have left it a bit longer before applying to sensor?
  3. K

Thank you for clarifying. Will try to get around Sensor Clean then! Just had a look at VDust Plus - says contains isopropanol.. Afaik, you use Sensor Clean first, then VDust after...
  4. K

Makes sense. I'm in Japan where sourcing chemicals is a true pain. I got 100% isopropanol fairly cheaply and use it diluted to clean lenses on occasion. It does streak, indeed, though before it dries. Haven't found a good sensor cleaning solution. Used Eclipse before it dried out (just like you...
  5. K

Wondering how Isopropyl alcohol would be for cleaning a sensor? Diluting with distilled water?
  6. K

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Haven't been to active recently. RZ67ProIID/90mm/IQ160 in Nagano, Japan.
  7. K

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Two days ago at Lake Yamanaka. Arrived at 2.30 at night already at a parking filled with photographers. Fuji is still accessible for hikers (not for long though) and at night all the cabins and trail heads are lit up which makes an interesting outline. Here is the early morning though.
  8. K

RZ67 & Long Exposure with DB

Sorry about bringing this ghost back to life... Here is how ProIID plays with cables: RZ67ProIID Bulb mode (troubleshooting mode) - "TwoShot Pulse too short - should be max 1 sec" or "TwoShot Pulse too long - should be max 4 sec" Bulb mode (standard operational mode) - working fine though...
  9. K

Best Medium format system for long exposure?

Speaking of long exposures, tried a wake-up/sync cable with RZ67 and IQ160 - no luck. Pressing wake-up button, triggering mirror, triggering lens shutter - get error message on the back: "Delay between TwoShot pulses too long. Should be max 4 seconds".
  10. K

MFDB skin retouch

Steve Quite straight forward - mask the skin, then select a colour range and apply tweaks (I generally use only uniformity and smoothness). Pretty much as it was done in C1 tutorial videos. I must say that I struggle with colour ranges on the colour wheel. Though, as mentioned in C1 video -...
  11. K

MFDB skin retouch

To be honest, Adobe has always been doing a sloppy job. They outsourced the development to India, where programmers get paid per line of code, so obviously it will get bloated. I had a friend who worked for Adobe about 15-20 years ago or so. One of the managers there told him that they welcomed...
  12. K

MFDB skin retouch

Fair play. I generally use clone stamp only on hair (darken/lighten modes) and low pass skin layer to eliminate undesired spots. I assume in product retouch it would smudge a lot of tonal transitions of a surface (well, it does it on skin as well) and make it look like a hack job?! Healing brush...
  13. K

MFDB skin retouch

I trust your professional judgement, but each version claims an improvement that still works like total w*nk and software gets more and more bloated. I personally don't see any difference between CS2 and CS5 in healing brush or any other tools for that matter. Perhaps less "unknown error"...
  14. K

MFDB skin retouch

C1's colour editor for toning shadows, highlights and midtones is very good, also the colour editor overall has improved. I assume as you shoot landscape, it's of more benefit for you to skip Photoshop and be able to process photos in one software only. I can relate to that. It's pretty much...
  15. K

MFDB skin retouch

In past I always stayed up to date, that inevitably saw me upgrading hardware about once a year...plus hair pulling frustrations when new updates introduced more bugs :) I just can't be bothered or/and allocate funds for that. It's really a fighting a losing battle, but I just don't have need in...
  16. K

MFDB skin retouch

To be honest, I don't think 10.6.8 is less secure now than it was when it first came out..;) I observe Apple's strategy in forcing more cumbersome code on hardware forcing users to buy new devices. It's how they survive, but I don't want to be a part of it..:) Also it would mean that I have to...
  17. K

MFDB skin retouch

Joakim Thank you for the tips. Will grab the webinar and have a look. Still working with C1 v7 due to refusal to upgrade OSX..:) Edit: Now I remember. I tried few times but I missed the layer part - I did work on the image itself, which kind of constrained the selection and made it nearly...
  18. K

MFDB skin retouch

Aye. There are a million ways to accomplish something - one has to chose the best suitable..:) Youtube is a great resource, though most often you see a lot of speed retouch rather than actual techniques. I watched Gry Garness retouching series, which were very good. Though again, she did pretty...
  19. K

MFDB skin retouch

Joakim One technique I used, is to create a curve layer in luminosity mode with black mask, paint highlights and then blur them (for oiled skin for instance). Thank you for the tips! I never actually thought of adding an HSL clipping layer on top - brilliant! Though I am not that good with...
  20. K

MFDB skin retouch

Great tip. Will definitely try! Selective colour layer gave me a bit of a problem, since you work with RGB+CMY+dark/mid/light - all good if you use Canon which biases towards Reds - red/yellow separation is easy to bring together and mask. The (problem??) with CCD is it errs in Orange which is...