The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JimGoshorn

Joined The Fuji Crowd

Well, after much research and soul searching, I got an XE-1. Lenses for it have all gotten good reviews and the lens map looks good. The colors appear wonderful after processing RAW files in Lightroom. It's the closest thing to my fond memories of my Nikon FM: small, light and fun to use. Still...
  2. JimGoshorn

Fuji EVF Question

Hi, A short time ago, I borrowed a GH2 which visually displayed changes in exposure, WB and Monochrome setting for example in it's EVF. Does Fuji X-E1's EVF display that info visually as well? If not, for those of you who also shoot with a camera that does, do you miss that when using the Fuji...
  3. JimGoshorn

GH3 Manual Online

For those of you who are interested: I posted GH3 manual online - just in case it is not yet posted by Panasonic: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
  4. JimGoshorn

Will Crockett Answering GH3 Questions

For those who might be interested, Will Crockett is answering questions over at DPReview Forum: Will's GH3 is in. What do you want to know about it?: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review Looks pretty interesting... Jim
  5. JimGoshorn

Focusing Question

While doing research on the M9, I saw a link to Leica's site: http://m.leica-camera.com/messsucher_en.html where they illustrate how the camera focuses. I understood the mechanics before looking at the site but I had never seen the size relationship between the focusing patch and the frame...
  6. JimGoshorn

Best Matte Paper For High D-Max?

I am thinking of experimenting with matte paper and would like to know which ones give the best D-Max with the newer Epson printers. Thanks! Jim
  7. JimGoshorn

16bit Printing Advantages?

I have heard that the gradients are smoother in 16bit but are there any other noticeable advantages to 16bit printing? Thanks! Jim
  8. JimGoshorn

Paper Comparison Q

Has anybody done a comparison of Epson Exhibition, Innova Ultrasmooth Glossy (rumored to be the same as Exhibition?) and Harmon Glossy FB Al? I have been using Epson Premium Luster and got a sample pack of Exhibition and unfortunately I saw a difference :bugeyes: What I liked better was the...
  9. JimGoshorn

New Customizing PDF for 1D3 and 1Ds3

Canon has posted a new PDF dealing with customizing the Mark III and post processing tips: http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/2007/MARK%20III%20Suggested%20Settings%20121207/EOS1D_1DsMark_IIIoptimizingAFsettings_Final.pdf How's that for my first post to the forums? :D Jim