The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

I am thinking about getting a SK 28 Digitar L (not Super Digitar XL) for my Cambo Actus, which according to the Cambo Lens compatibility table has no issues at all with my E and L camera mounts(!). I plan only to tilt it (as required) and not to shift it more than maybe 5mm, if at all. Making...
  2. S

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

I am thinking about getting a SK 28 Digitar L (not Super Digitar XL) for my Cambo Actus, which according to the Cambo Lens compatibility table has no issues at all with my E and L camera mounts(!). I plan only to tilt it (as required) and not to shift it more than maybe 5mm, if at all. Making...
  3. S

Nikkor 19mm PC-E and Cambo Actus - beware!

The Cambo Actus system offers different lens plates, allowing you to mount a wide variety of lenses on the front. It is an expensive system by the time you buy camera plates, lens plates etc. I bought a Cambo ACB-NF, which is a F mount plate, intending to use it with my Nikkor 19mm PC-E lens...
  4. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

Hi all, I have bought a Sigma fp L and am using it as a "digital back" on the rear of a Cambo Actus G. I also have a Lumix S1R and Nikon Z7, but the Z7 is now likely to be sold off. I use a variety of medium and large format lenses on the front of the Cambo. Am I happy with it...
  5. S

Cambo ACB-980 upgrade kit

Hi all, I have a Cambo Actus G and use a Nikon Z7 on the back. The time has come to put a GFX50R on the back instead. I have referred to the Cambo lens/body compatibility table, and I have a few questions. Will the Cambo ACB-980 upgrade kit work with the Actus G to allow me to use GFX bodies...
  6. S

New Digital Back for Cambo Actus G?

Lenses with short flange focal distances in conjunction with my mirrorless camera grips (Z7 and S1R) conspire to restrict shifting movements on my Cambo Actus G. This occurs somewhat with my Rodenstock 55 Apo Sironar Digital. A Cambo lens plate (for Nikon F) arrived yesterday and on attaching...
  7. S

Can any lens be a 'tilt' lens on a Cambo Actus?

Shifting requires a lens with a large image circle, but does tilting need any particular lens design feature - or simply the ability to physically tilt the lens with respect to the sensor? The reason for the question is that I have ordered a Nikon F-mount lens plate for my Cambo Actus G. I will...
  8. S

Mamiya RZ67 50mm M ULD F/4.5 vs Rodenstock 55mm APO-Sironar Digital F/4.5

This comparison has been of interest in the forums recently so I made some comparison shots today. If you are looking for a wide lens to use with a Cambo Actus these two lenses may be under consideration for some. The Mamiya has an image circle of 95mm and the Rodenstock's is much larger at...
  9. S

Cambo Actus G with Rodenstock 55mm f/4.5 APO Sironar Digital and Nikon Z. Very soft edges...??

Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Cambo Actus G and some Mamiya RZ67 lenses. On the back I use a Nikon Z7 or Panasonic S1R. I have been getting fantastic results with that setup. Sharp across the frame and right into the fully shifted edges albeit with (expected) strong vignetting in the...
  10. S

Where to buy lens caps for Rodenstock 55mm f/4.5 APO Sironar Digital lens?

I bought the above lens off eBay and it did not have lens caps included in the sale. I knew that when I bought it. Thought I could get some on eBay but could not find anything, even knock-off copies of the caps. Anyone know where I can obtain front and rear lens caps for this lens? They don't...
  11. S

Mamiya RZ67 lens cable release

I've bought a Mamiya RZ67 50mm ULD lens and a Cambo Actus G, with the RZ67 lens plate. The camera body is a Nikon Z7. As I understand it, since I will using the focal plane shutter in the Z7, the shutter in the lens needs to be set to remain open. Following the instructions with the RZ plate...