The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

The paddle steamer 'Decoy' on the foreshore of the Swan River at Perth, Australia a few nights ago. Sigma fp L, Cambo Actus, Nikkor SW 75mm lens. Six shot pano 20mm left and right and a few mm rear fall. F/11, ISO100. 1.5 ish degrees of tilt.
  2. S

Hello from US

Welcome (back) 😀
  3. S

a1 problem!

Beautiful images with terrific pop and lovely colour contrast. Thanks for posting.
  4. S

Experiences with Schneider Kreuznach 28mm F2.8 L-92° MC Lens?

Thanks Rod. Glad I didn’t buy the one I saw on eBay. I might look again at using the Pentax-A SMC 645 35mm on my Actus G, or as you suggest, the 24mm TS-E. Cheers.
  5. S

For Those With the Actus + fp L back…

You’re welcome 😀. In summary, the way I personally see the fp L, when on the Actus with a small LF lens, is as a compact and minimalist, Apple-esque fusion of form with amazing functionality. I can cope with the battery and LCD issues in exchange for how much I enjoy the total package...
  6. S

For Those With the Actus + fp L back…

I use a fp L with a Cambo Actus G. I have also used a Nikon Z7 and Panasonic S1R as my digital "backs" in the past. How do you like using the camera in this role? It works well. It may be one of the few use cases where the camera's design compromises don't matter much at all. For landscape and...
  7. S

Nikkor 19mm PC-E and Cambo Actus - beware!

Thanks for the reply and explanation. That makes sense.
  8. S

Nikkor 19mm PC-E and Cambo Actus - beware!

PM sent…
  9. S

Thanks all. It seems that the consensus is fairly clear that the lens is an average performer. What piqued my interest is that it seems to be the widest MF or LF lens that I could mount on my Cambo Actus and use without restriction. Perfect for those times when you just want to take one shot...
  10. S

There is an example of the lens I have been inquiring about on eBay selling for nearly $4000 USD. There was another with a Copal Press shutter for about 1200 USD (which I assume I could not use on a Copal 0 Actus lens plate…?). This is the 4K one, below. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284365156704...
  11. S

Thanks Rob. That was very helpful and I will read Dr Nasse's PDF and search Flickr and maybe PBase for examples. It is rare for me to find lenses that 'wow' me, so it is looking likely that I would be quite disappointed. I might move on.
  12. S

Chris, Thanks for that. The Actar 24 is rumoured to be a rehoused Samyang TS, which, from what I’ve read is an ordinary performer. I have been looking for a sharpish TS lens around the 30mm mark for some time, and so the Actar 24 is also slightly wider than I want. Rob, Thanks for that chart...
  13. S

I am thinking about getting a SK 28 Digitar L (not Super Digitar XL) for my Cambo Actus, which according to the Cambo Lens compatibility table has no issues at all with my E and L camera mounts(!). I plan only to tilt it (as required) and not to shift it more than maybe 5mm, if at all. Making...
  14. S

I am thinking about getting a SK 28 Digitar L (not Super Digitar XL) for my Cambo Actus, which according to the Cambo Lens compatibility table has no issues at all with my E and L camera mounts(!). I plan only to tilt it (as required) and not to shift it more than maybe 5mm, if at all. Making...
  15. S

OK, thanks :)
  16. S

Interesting. Is that the Schneider Super Angulon 47mm f/5.6 XL? If so, so you have any problems using movements at infinity and how are the fully shifted edges in terms of sharpness? Thanks, Steve.
  17. S

Hi scho, You and are I seem to be among the few (only?) people here using the Cambo Actus and fp L combination. How are you finding it? Are you using any large or medium format lenses wit it? Cheers, Steve.
  18. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

My pleasure :) Yes, you are right - it is the large image circle that makes it worth trying the 19mm (and any lens for that matter) on the Actus in the first place. Next is the no parallax benefit. The other benefit of using a tilt/shift lens on the Actus - for scenes that have no parallax...
  19. S

Bought a Sigma fp L

And if you haven't already considered using a Fotodiox TLT ROKR adapter, that is another option that lets you shift and tilt for only a few hundred bucks. I have the Pentax 67 and 645 versions and they work OK, but they don't address the parallax problem and you don't get the precision -...