The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

changing lensboards - DIY or not?

Two different events may have gotten mixed up here: lens board replacement and shutter replacement. Schneider talks about shutter replacement and not lens board replacement. (I know that for lens board replacement the rear element has to be unscrewed and screwed on again.)
  2. T

Medium Format Ultralight Hiking Kit

A combination would have been perfect. Things that need adjusting in silver and the rest in black.
  3. T

Medium Format Ultralight Hiking Kit

dchew, Really don't need or use the pan top of my ARCA SWISS p0, and I wonder how easy it would be to remove the pan top. Since you disassembled your P0h at least partly, can you give me any pointers or suggestions? Thanks, MN
  4. T

Rumoured 200gb curved sensor

I think it's very unlikely we will see a curved medium format sensor. Hence, I ignored the word "curved". But perhaps a curved sensor could work well for a smartphone camera where thickness (length in the axial axis) of the lens/sensor assembly is a critical factor.
  5. T

The word on the street is that Hasselblad's H system is considered dead man walking and even P1 longterm hardware future looks unclear. I don't think there is much growth potential in the rather minuscule "645" sized digital sensor market. Let's hope that there will be even a P1 IQ5.
  6. T

Certainly a 150MB and 200MB sensor would a nice step up from the current 100MB and 150MB sensors for the 44x33mm and 50x40mm sized sensors, respectively. PhaseOne's current IQ4, released about four years ago, is slowly starting to get a bit long in the tooth.
  7. T

IMO the essential difference is that Fuji, in contrast to Sony, does not have a FF ecosystem. FF and 44x33 may be too close for any FF manufacturer to also introduce MF. (Leica being here an obvious exception.) Have read that according to the Principle of Psychophysics have to double something...
  8. T

"If ... the shutter has to be replaced, this must be done only at the factory" Apparently also the case for Rodenstock's Digaron lenses
  9. T

"prevent its being screwed on crooked" This of course applies to all lenses. I wonder whether there is a recommended tightening torque.
  10. T

Travel tripod for a tech cam

Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
  11. T

Not frustrating to me since I recognize that there is no THE "perfect" tripod for all situations and eventualities. My tripod needs can be placed into three broad categories, each with different requirements and different trade-offs (descending as to weight but also stability): Studio/Field...
  12. T

I returned it. Unwieldy, yet too short for me (being 6'4"). But FLM Canada is now working on a three-segment, no center column tripod. I also suggested to investigate a tripod with an integrated leveling base with enough movement that a tripod head is not required. Target spec: six feet...
  13. T

Can Anyone Explain Why Medium Format Film Cameras are going up in Price

You mean something like "Wabi-sabi"! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi
  14. T

Yes, very true. But this combination of gear, with a P1 IQ4 I presume, is easy $70K. Not something a hipster has or wants to spend. In contrast, an old film camera can be had for virtually nothing.
  15. T

Thanks. I should have written, wished there would be a practical way for the average amateur or professional to directly print digital files on silver halide paper (B&W) or chromogenic (color) paper like it is/was possible for film negatives (transparencies). There are now smartphones with...
  16. T

Thanks. Yes, but I would like to be able to do the printing myself. Last year where was a small segment about Christopher Burkett on PBS NewsHour documenting his Ilfochrome/Cibachrome printing. Apparently the P-30 chemicals are the problem. He got a chemist to reverse-engineer the P-30...
  17. T

WTB: Digital Back for Hasselblad V

Hi dubscura, Have my CFV-50c for sale. Bought it second hand myself. Probably less than 100 actuations. Due to a lack of an effective automatic brightness regulation and lack of an electronic shutter I found it rather difficult to use on a technical camera. (Bought a PhaseOne IQ3-100 instead)...
  18. T

Time for a relaunch of llfochrome (Cibachrome)! Wished there would be a way to directly print digital files on silver halide paper (B&W) or chromogenic (color) paper. Wouldn't this be the best of both worlds?
  19. T

2 Questions lens selection for light packing trip and backpack?

If one needs only, say, a wide angle and a normal lens, no shift/tilt, and has a DB with a live view, and is OK handling a OK quality camera, another option would be the Fotoman Dmini, www.fotomanprofessional.de/16.htm With two lightweight lenses, also a very lightweight kit. (No affiliation...