The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS!

Search results

1. dchew

Free to a Good Home: Epson 7900

I am finally moving on. Purchased new in Dec 2009 (yes, you read that right). It has been chugging along fine until the last month when the orange channel started to go. It still seems to print fine, but here is what the current nozzle check looks like: The light magenta lines on the far...
  2. dchew

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I am getting the above notice frequently all of a sudden. Never saw this before until a few days ago. Anyone else getting this or is it on my end somehow? Dave
  3. dchew

H&Y Filter System with a Technical Camera

I've been using the H&Y system for the last several months. I had not heard of it before reading Tim Parkin's very thorough review of filter systems at OnLandscape (paid content). The real reason this system interested me was the opportunity to create a LCC card and dark frame that attached...
  4. dchew

Why are LCCs Without Movements Not Symmetrical?

Ok, this has been bugging me forever and I finally have the guts to ask: I always thought symmetry was kind of important in physics. What is it about a pixel that is not symmetric? Dave 35xl / IQ3100 no movements:
  5. dchew

FS: Hoya 72mm PRO ND 64x ND Filter

EDIT: Found a home. Free to a good home; just pay for shipping quoted to your location. Dave
  6. dchew

FS: Lee Filter System

$200 including shipping to CONUS. Will quote shipping to other locations. Universal Hood 105mm Linear Polarizer Polarizer mounting ring (3) 100 Holders (one on the hood) (2) 72mm Adapters (1) 67mm Adapter 0.6 Hard GND (2-stop) 0.6 Soft GND (2-stop) (4) Lee Lens Caps (1) Holder Stack adapter...
  7. dchew

FS: Zeiss Batis 25 FE Mount

I prefer manual focus; now that Zeiss offers the Loxia 25 I am selling this lens and plan to purchase the MF Loxia. This was rarely used; still has the protective sheet on the electronic display. No issues with image quality; performs as expected. All original packaging and documentation...
  8. dchew

Default WB for IQ3100: C1 vs LR

This is more of a curiosity question than a concern. I certainly understand in RAW WB is just an import setting that we always adjust either to our liking or to some WB reference. However, it seems LR has a strange "As Shot" setting associated with the IQ3100, at least when using "Daylight" WB...
  9. dchew

How to Remove Half the Features of a P0h

And how to adjust minimum ball tension, all while probably killing your warranty in the process. I really want to like the Arca Swiss P0h. It has almost everything: Light weight, pan top, compact fast movement AND precise gear driven control. Two things I don’t like, one that it doesn’t have...
  10. dchew

The Merits and Workflow of Various Viewfinder Tools

In the XF/GFX thread, Erik commented on some different aspects of live view vs viewfinder: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/63038-phase-one-x1d-gfx.html#post746974 Hopefully Erik doesn’t mind that I quote a part of that: I’m guessing by now most of us have...
  11. dchew

Trichromatic vs 3100

I have the Trichromatic for a demo over the weekend, returning 11/28. I will be doing some comparisons with my 3100. If anyone has any particular tests they want me to run, let me know here. It is a kinda gray weekend, but you never no. Still some shades of brown around... What I plan to do...
  12. dchew

35xl vs 40hr

I’ve had the 40hr for several years and just recently picked up the 35xl. After a few basic tests both in the field and in the office, I will share my general observations, all associated with an IQ3100 on an Alpa mount. Center filter on the 35xl, none on the 40hr. No movements; those...
  13. dchew

My New Website

I gotta tell somebody, and I think of you all as my friends, so here it goes: It's been four years since I updated my website. The last one was created with The Turning Gate (TTG) LR plugins, several LR versions ago... There was some level of customization, and since my html skills are, well...
  14. dchew

FS: (3) Alpa Sync Release

I used to have one mounted to each lens. Now with ES I don't really need them. I'm keeping one as a spare so I have three that need a home. These things are $600 ea on Alpa's site. They've updated them since to version 2, which look a bit sleeker but these functioned just fine on an IQ back...
  15. dchew

Alpa Telephoto options ~300mm

I would like to figure out how to connect a longer lens to the STC. It appears I have a few options: 1. Schneider 210: Just find a discontinued sk apo-digitar 210 f/6.8. I'm not thrilled about this option because the barrel is so long. I'd much prefer a custom "double-short barrel" that...
  16. dchew

Processing IQ3 100 Files in C1

The recent discussion direction of tjv's ETTR thread made me wonder how others are processing IQ3 100 files. First, some context: I am somewhere between a beginner and intermediate user of C1. I still export processed files to LR for cataloging and in some cases further adjustments there or in...
  17. dchew

FS: Rodi 70hr-w Alpa SB17 Mount

I replaced this lens with the 60xl about 2 years ago but couldn't bear to part with it. The 60 fits my lens gap better so I haven't used this much at all since. This is the "blue band" version which is the same design as the current offering, just not with the pretty gold band. SN 12053613...
  18. dchew

Strange double image a7rII w Leica APO 50

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this but it escapes me. The other day I was hiking around Mont Blanc. Although the weather was mostly uncooperative, I did get up at 4 am during a break in the clouds and took a few nightscapes. This one is not very sharp, and upon closer inspection...
  19. dchew

Multi Coating on Schneider Center Filters

I have a CF for the 60xl, and used to have one on the 43 when I owned that. They are marketed and labeled as multi coated, but when I look at them in strong light they reflect like an un-coated filter, especially in the center where the ND is applied. Same thing on both the inside and outside...
  20. dchew

Backpacking in the Wind Rivers: Planning, Decisions and Other Musings

This Friday I am headed to the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my brother for some backpacking and light class 3/4 climbing. This thread is meant to document my preparation, what-to-bring decisions, and ultimately my experience and a few photos. Starting this thread will at least be fun for me...