The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. jlancasterd

Nikkor Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S

Did you use focus stacking for this shot?
  2. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

A result of the recent storms…
  3. jlancasterd

Nikon Z 24-200.

An instructive set of shots. I have the 24-200, but have only used it with my Zfc so far, where it's a very useful '36-300' equivalent. I have the 24-70 f4 on my Z7ii and had been thinking about getting the 24-120 when it comes out, but this is making me think I can save my money…
  4. jlancasterd

Z9

Nikon Rumours is reporting 400,000 pre-orders for the Z9, and production of 35,000 a month – order now and you might get one in a year's time!
  5. jlancasterd

Thanks Neilvan!
  6. jlancasterd

I've never seen a flower like this before – what is it?
  7. jlancasterd

'Desirable period cottage in sylvan surroundings, requires some repairs, would suit DIY enthusiast'. ZFc, 16-50mm f3.5/6.3 at 16mm, f8, 1/250.
  8. jlancasterd

New retro Nikon Zfc

Coming from a long association with Leica M and R cameras, one of the first things I did with my Z fc was to turn off most of the autofocus options so that I'm left with a single point of focus that I can position anywhere I want, and I can be sure it stays there. I also use all of my cameras on...
  9. jlancasterd

New retro Nikon Zfc

I have both the 16-50 f/3.5-6.3 and the 24-200 f/4-6.3, which should make a good, lightweight, touring kit with the Zfc – when the borders finally reopen! Having just entered my 9th decade, the weight of a camera system is more of an issue than it used to be.
  10. jlancasterd

New retro Nikon Zfc

Just had an email in from Wex Photographic that the Zfc, body only, that I ordered a month ago is on its way to me. I should get it tomorrow.
  11. jlancasterd

XQD or CF Express?

Thanks Joe!
  12. jlancasterd

XQD or CF Express?

Which make of CFexpress card did you buy? I've recently taken delivery of a Z7II and am thinking of going with CFexpress rather than XQD for the extra speed with large RAW files.
  13. jlancasterd

Z6II and Z7II Announcement Coming 10/14

There are still a few good camera shops in UK that aren't in the big cities and which are a delight to visit, with extensive new and used stocks, knowledgeable staff, an efficient system for obtaining items that they don't have in stock, and which charge competitive prices – Cambrian...
  14. jlancasterd

24-70/4 S lens. more then meets the eye in usability

Yes – roll on the end of Covid…!
  15. jlancasterd

Thanks Paladin! I can see the advantage of arranging one's own itinerary when visiting a country like Japan. However, Ffestiniog Travel was founded by a close friend and schoolmate of mine, and we have similar railway interests (he was General Manager of the Ffestiniog Railway for a period as...
  16. jlancasterd

No - not yet. However, Ffestiniog Travel, the travel agency arm of the Ffestiniog Railway, does offer a very attractive rail-based, courier-led tour which I may do when international tourism opens up again.
  17. jlancasterd

A Z6/Z7 with the 24-70 f/4 plus the 14-30 f/4 makes an excellent lightweight, high-quality travel kit.
  18. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images

Thanks Jack – I'll carry on experimenting. In normal circumstances I'd be happily shooting Ffestiniog Railway activities in colour for the Magazine. However the Railway has been shut down since late March due to Covid-19, and will only reopen partially later this month. Even after it reopens I'm...
  19. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images

I'm currently processing the jpeg after it leaves the camera, but will also try bumping up the in-camera brightness as you suggest.
  20. jlancasterd

Fun with Nikon Images

Thanks Jack – I did find it necessary to use the 'Punch' option in Lightroom, plus a slight increase in contrast, to get the effect I wanted in the first two images. I also had to apply some dehazing to bring up the sea in the second image. I've since tried increasing 'Clarity' for images 3 and...