The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

FS: Sony A7rII with Kolari mod for Leica M lenses

It's time to sell my A7RII with Kolari sensor modification. The modification makes it more compatible with Leica and other 'legacy' M-mount lenses. It includes a Leica M to Sony FE adapter and the usual accessories. It did much of the work for this book (SHADOWSCAPES - Kirk Thompson...
  2. T

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

A bit of Wildcat Creek, Tilden, Berkeley A7r2, Tri-Elmar
  3. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

A bit of Wildcat Creek, Tilden, Berkeley Kirk A7r2 with Tri-Elmar
  4. T

Fun with MF images

Light and leaves UC Botanical Garden, Berkeley Kirk GFX 50S, 32-64
  5. T

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Lower Trail, Lafayette Reservoir (CA) Kirk RX1r2
  6. T

Fun With Sony Cameras

Experimenting. I've been photographing with Fuji Brick,but reverted to RX1r2, handheld (& stitched). Kirk
  7. T

Mount Fuji Active

Kirk GFX
  8. T

Fun with MF images

Tangled Trees Kirk GFX50s, 32-64, stacked
  9. T

Share your Tree Photos

Loop Road, Tilden Park, Berkeley Kirk GFX50s+32-64
  10. T

Fun with MF images

Knotty and tangled Kirk GFX50s, Canon 40mm 2.8 pancake
  11. T

Fun with MF images

Very gnarly. Kirk GFX50s, Canon 40mm2.8 pancake
  12. T

GFX, Techart/Kipon smart adapters, and Canon lenses

A month or so ago I read how well the 40mm Canon f2.8 pancake lens functions on GFX(50s) if you use a Techart or Kipon smart adapter, so I tried the Techart. I'm indeed impressed by the lens and how well the adapter autofocuses, but something else has surprised me: When I mount this...
  13. T

Fun with MF images

It's the time of year when the eucalyptus ttrees have lost their bark. Kirk GFX, Zeiss 50mm Sonnar C (stitched)
  14. T

Fun with MF images

The other side of 'Fun with MF images': not the resolution, but the tones: Tugboat captain, waiting for his ship to come in Kirk GFX + 50mm Sonnar-C @f1.5 (The wood grain is quite detailed in an unsharpened 15x20 print.)
  15. T

Farewell to Medium Format: One man's journey

Somewhere up the thread, I suggested going for the lightest MF gear. I just followed my own advice and got a 40mm Canon pancake and TechArt adapter for GFX. This and carbon fiber tripod are as portable asMF can be! The only thing I miss is my RRS gimbal, for stitching – a little too heavy for...
  16. T

Canon to GFX smart adapters: Techart? Kipon?

Thank you, Danny! And here's a first try with the TechArt + Canon 40mm (stitched); Just after a heavy rain. Kirk
  17. T

Fun with MF images

Sylvan Trail, Tilden, Berkeley -- after another welcome rain! Kirk First try with the little Canon 40mm pancake on GFX (stitched)
  18. T

OK, here's a picture of why you need to use the button on the Techart adapter to over-ride the Fuji 63mm profile: Using 40mm Canon, I photographed the bookcase (tripod, of course) with and without pushing the button, and then superimposed one image over the other at 50% opacity. I aligned for...
  19. T

Apparently the Techart autofocus adapter for Canon lenses to GFX has been available for a while. Fairly recently, Kipon has replaced their first version with a newer and smaller one that's also $100 cheaper than Techart. I couldn't find any comparative reviews, but thought someone here might...