The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Leica M10 coming on Thursday 1-19-17??

Word on the street is that Leica will release the M240 camera's successor (aka the M10) on Thursday 1-19-17. Has anyone heard anything along these lines? There is much speculation afoot about this (allegedly) pending M camera release - what are your thoughts?
  2. H

Leica M 28mm Summilux ASPH coming in June

At long last, the highly coveted 28mm Summilux M ASPH will be available beginning in June: Summilux-M 28mm f/1,4 ASPH. // M-Lenses // Leica M // Photography - Leica Camera AG The price in USD will be $5950, or $6118, according to two different sources. Either price is fine with me, as I was...
  3. H

Apple "Photos" bug is incompatible w/Monochrom 246 DNG files

There is a glitch in apple's "Photos" app that can wipe out your image library; it appears that the problem lies in Apple's CoreFoundation, not in the Monochrom. The result can be the loss of your photo library. From the PetaPixel article: Applicable links: Leica issued a service advisory for...
  4. H

Film M or Monochrom - which would you choose for a B&W project?

So here's my question: If you are doing an ongoing photo project in 35mm format black and white, would you do it using a film M camera and film or the Monochrom v.2 (assuming that the price of the M/M is not prohibitive)? Also, please tell us your reasons for choosing whichever of the two...
  5. H

PayPal Asserts Copyright Ownership Over All Intellectual Property of its Users

I found this on the interweb earlier this week - it doesn't sound like good news for anyone who uses PayPal. Thoughts?? Link: PayPal Asserts Copyright Ownership Over All Intellectual Property of its Users