The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

Thanks, Peter. 'Old'-boys and their toys, eh? LouisB
  2. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

This week I caved and decided to buy me a guitar after having been without one for nearly 3 years. I honestly thought I had given up for ever (I got my first guitar when I was eleven) but I couldn't resist walking past a local guitar store. I was going to buy a cheap 'n cheerful far eastern...
  3. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

Amazing detail, well captured.
  4. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

Indeed. The lack of a long prime (I found the XF200mm to be just too short) is a hole in the Fuji line up. I have seen some impressive results adapting the Canon 400mm f5.6 L to the X-H2S with a Fringer adapter. One thing which does improve the IQ of the 100-400 in post processing is using DxO...
  5. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

Yes, definitely an improvement. I only use the X-H2S for wildlife shooting (I prefer using my X-T4 for everything else). I've only had the chance so far to photograph birds in my back garden. However, the AF is less confused by background, better at tracking and seems to ignore obstacles in...
  6. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

"Everybody was Ring-necked parakeet fighting..." X-H2S, XF100-400, after installation of firmware 3.0.
  7. biglouis

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

I was warned about this issue when I purchased the GF63 (now long gone). Apparently, the gear on the AF motor was undersized and strips very easily if force is accidentally applied. LouisB
  8. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

Whitechapel Road, London, yesterday. X-T4+XF35f2
  9. biglouis

Smallrig X-H2S/X-H2 L Bracket

Smallrig have released a l-bracket for the X-H2/S form factor and I decided to get one for my camera (X-H2S). I already have one for the X-T4 which has proved very useful when I need to shoot with a tripod. The primary usp for me of the Smallrig is that it is several times cheaper than the Kirk...
  10. biglouis

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Great shot. Is that a natural formation, or manmade? It almost looks like a dam that has been breached. LouisB
  11. biglouis

Decided to sell all GFX gear

The 10-24 is surprisingly good. I have the first version but if you go for the mkII you get weather sealing. Even wide open I find it edge to edge sharp. Or it could be I got a good one (second hand incidentally, one benefit of the X system, lots of second hand gear if you want to save a few...
  12. biglouis

Goodbye DFD?

Looks like it is only for the now announced S5mkII, a full frame camera, which is of less interest to me. Gordon Laing has done a thorough review of the photographic side and I have to say this is another boring full frame camera but with better autofocus than the last boring Panasonic full...
  13. biglouis

Goodbye DFD?

Interesting teaser at Dpreview about new Lumix cameras changing from DFD to Phase Detect for the autofocus system. Personally, I loved the G9 body for wildlife and bitterly hated the DFD autofocus which seemed to focus everywhere except the subject that was in the frame, or decided to hunt back...
  14. biglouis

Thinking of selling 100S & GFX lenses for XT-5 and new XF lenses.

I did the same, although in my case I sold the 50R (I'd previously sold the 50S) plus GF lenses to concentrate all my funds on expanding the X system. To be fair, I've been involved in an ongoing project requiring reportage as well as architectural photography and G-system bodies/lenses could...
  15. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

One of the most annoying birds that has acclimated to the UK, is the Ring-necked Parakeet. Legend has it that the 50,000 plus birds, largely in the south-east of the country are descended from a pair that Jimmy Hendrix is reputed to have released. In reality, many were imported as pets from...
  16. biglouis

Mount Fuji Active

My last photographs for 2022. The 19thC signal box (now disused) on the eastbound platform of the Metropolitan Line at Liverpool Street Underground Station, in London. Incidentally, from now on I am switching all Fuji postings to this thread as it seems more 'active' the the 'fun with'. So...
  17. biglouis

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Some fox photos from today. I keep on forgetting what an excellent lens the 50-140 can be for this type of work. Combine with the X-H2S animal eye detect and PureRAW2 for handling the iso (which kept peaking at iso12800 as these were taken around dusk).
  18. biglouis

MERRY CHRISTMAS

'American' Car Wash, Great Eastern Street, London, England - X-T4, XF28mmf1.4
  19. biglouis

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas to all. We also do our own Christmas card. Like many years gone by I use the bird photography I have taken during the year (all with Fuji gear). I hope everyone has a happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
  20. biglouis

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Apologies for that my reference was way too subtle. This is Aldersgate Street near the Barbican in London. It is the real street in which the fictional 'Slough House' is located where the characters in Mick Heron's 'Slow Horses' books about a group of misfit MI5 agents, reside. It is now a TV...