The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Nice to see you post again with a scanned film image. I recently got my Nikon Coolscan 8000 up and running after a CLA and repair, and new FireWire board in my PC. I also ordered the magnificent 3D printed modular film trays from a countryman of yours. Patiently waiting for the tray delivery to...
  2. G

Macro copying of old postcards

Please post a WWI dog fight image (biplanes!) when you scan it using whatever method you decide on. Thanks and good luck. Dave
  3. G

Macro copying of old postcards

I can't answer your question regarding the macro lens, but I have done similar copying work of treasured family stuff, and may I suggest a flat bed photo scanner? No issues with getting the camera exactly parallel to the post cards, multi choices of scan resolution, and you will have trouble...
  4. G

Fun with MF images 2022

Sorry: all three above images made with 23mm lens. This one with 100~200mm lens at 100mm (didn't want to get my feet wet!) Dave
  5. G

Fun with MF images 2022

GFX 100S: first two 23mm, third image 100mm Thanks for looking Dave in NJ
  6. G

Fun with MF images 2022

GFX 100S 32-64mm lens at 32mm f8, ISO 800. Thnks for looking Dave in NJ
  7. G

END OF THE YEAR MESSAGE AND FUTURE OF GETDPI.COM

Plus 1. I could not say it any better. He nailed everything.
  8. G

Changing the rules

I just had my Nikon Coolscan 8000 scanner serviced, repaired, cleaned and lubed, replaced the FireWire card and cable on my PC and my scanner is up and running again! I am very excited.
  9. G

Changing the rules

Makes sense to me. I also do not make a living with photography. IBIS on my gfx 100s and Sony A7riv are really game changers for me at 85 years of age. I cannot see myself changing or buying new camera gear (sound familiar?). I have my own printer and the biggest print I make is 24"x32" from...
  10. G

Thank you Dave GT. The negatives make beautiful large prints. The local Foundation of the Arts invited me to do a two man show with prints of my work hanging next to my father's. It took me a year and a half to print, mount, mat and frame the show. My work included 20"x30" prints, and most of my...
  11. G

Don't know if this qualifies or not. My father died in May 1940 at age 29, when I was three. His negatives were lost for 72 years, then found by a complete stranger in mint condition, stored in the dark at ambient temperature, and safely returned to me. Here is a 2 minute slide show on YouTube...
  12. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My wife and I have been married for 63 years and we have made our own Christmas cards every year since. We still have a copy of each. Fun to get them out and reminisce. This year's card Fuji GFX 100S, 32-64mm lens. Merry Christmas to all! Dave in NJ
  13. G

MERRY CHRISTMAS

My wife and I have been married for 63 years and we have made our own Christmas cards every year since. We still have a copy of each. Fun to get them out and reminisce. This year's card Fuji GFX 100S, 32-64mm lens. Merry Christmas to all! Dave in NJ
  14. G

Merry Christmas

15. G

Four (4) Pentax 645 MF lenses for sale

Everything sold except the 200mm Lens. Best regards Dave in NJ
  16. G

Four (4) Pentax 645 MF lenses for sale

I have 4 lightly used (I am 85 years old) Pentax Manual Focus lenses. Rather than drag them out and photograph them, I will list them here. If anyone is interested, I will follow up and take photos of them. The lenses are easy to adapt to various MF digital cameras. I now have a GFX 100S and the...
  17. G

Fun with MF images 2022

GFX 100S, 32-64mm lens . Raw image developed in DXO Photolab. Velvia 50 Film Emulation applied. Taken from our deck (slippers on, Glass of wine in hand). Age 85 and enjoying life! Thanks for looking Dave in NJ
  18. G

Fun with MF images 2022

Above photos: Fuji GFX 100S. First image 23mm lens ISO 400 f16, next two images 100-200mm lens ISO 1600, all hand held. Raw images developed with DXO Photolab. Dave in NJ
  19. G

Fun with MF images 2022

SORRY: Here are the images. Images made this past winter, and just developed this week. NJ seashore was battered with the remnants of Hurrican Ian. Our streets were flooded for 5 days, and we could not get out. These images: GFX 100S, ISO 400, 23mm lens, f14. Raw images developed in DXO...