The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Hasselblad X2D and Leica S3 - Update 2: A difficult focus

Busy background seems to be difficult for AF.
  2. P

Interesting comparisons...seems like the AF of the S (and Hassy as well) kind of sucks. At least for tele at longer distances and certain subjects. I believe trees, branches and leaves are difficult for AF-systems.
  3. P

16-18-21mm f/4 Tri-Elmar vs 21mm 1.4 or 18mm 3.8

I once tried the 21/1.4 but was not totally convinced by the sharpness/corners. I am very satisfied with the 21/3.4 which have used for quite some time now. I also tried 2 wates, they were fine but not up to the 21/3.4 So I rather added a 18/3.4 additionally to my 21 instead of getting a wate...
  4. P

How about more and more fun with Canon...

The typical landscape camera: R3 ;)
  5. P

I agree, in good light the optical viewfinder is great. Even though I personnaly dont feel so safe to manual focus with it. But real light in realtime feels very natural.
  6. P

Leica M is unique but S not any more. I also hope they realize that there are some other nice mf systems out there when choosing prices.
  7. P

I would probably own an S3 if the original price was somewhat lower when it was introduced. Today I enjoy the smaller size of the Hassy and its lenses. Look at the S45 vs xcd45. On the other side the S zoom has a better range, and I kind of miss the S70 (however the xxcd65 is a good lens as...
  8. P

Maybe I will care as well. But then...at what time and what price? How long will they take to offer new lenses (look at the SL system)? And where will be Hasselblad at this point of time? I love Leica lenses and products but I believe Hasselblad has "closed" or "shrinked" the gap. If I think how...
  9. P

SO beside those comparisons and images, what is your conclusion so far? Which system do you prefer for which occasion and why? There are 2 subjective points from my memory using S and now haveing used x2d (a little bit): I prefer the size advantage of x2d over S. I think to remember the S...
  10. P

ALL SOLD-Fuji GFX camera and lenses For Sale

wow, you really did it ;) but as I understood you had good reasons. Enjoy your new gear!
  11. P

Experience quality and reliability xcd lenses?

I wonder if any of you guys here had any issues with xcd lenses? or sample variation? There is quite a used market, and most used lenses do not have seen much use. So I wonder how much of a risk is it to buy used from people you don't know. In case of current 135mm offerings there is still an...
  12. P

X2D questions, comments, tips

Looking at the low production numbers of x2d or x1d cameras I cant believe that they are sealed as good as Canikon or oly pro cameras. personally I would use it in light rain ( do that with most cams) but still try to protect it as good as possible. yes, some official info wouldnt hurt…but its...
  13. P

How about more and more fun with Canon...

G1xIII- my favorite small camera
  14. P

Decided to sell all GFX gear

quite a change from medium format to dx sensor size. I assume you have the advantage of stayingbFuji means similar menue and user interface? otherwise, personally, I would not exclude the FF options. Maybe you can also keepmthe gfx for some time side by side with the smaller system to make sure...
  15. P

Real world 100mp comparison (Hasselblad/Fuji/Phase One)

Some people write that fuji and hassy have different color, even if they share same sensor. I can not explain, but I know that I love the color from Hassy. It also shouldnt hurt, that Hassy offers both hardware and raw converter. of course fuji offers more lenses and more features, but the Hassy...
  16. P

I have not yet used it in rain.
  17. P

Changing the rules

I see 2 things. 1 ibis for medium format, and 2. face/eye detection af. the first allowing me to shoot at lower iso, the 2nd allowing a very high af sucessrate for sports. other than that, I am feeling many new features and sensors are overrated. Yes, small advantages over older gear, but not as...
  18. P

I am interested in the 135 xcd, but I cant imagine using some big manual focus lens around. Would probably rather use a fast ff camera and tele lens, with nice fast AF.
  19. P

i didnt want to hijack the x2d vs S3 thread with off topic questions. do you guys use cf express card or just the internal storage? Any idea how many images have place on 128gb?