The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Fun with MF images 2022

Lake Jordan, NC | Pentax 645D | 45-85/4.5
  2. H

White balance issue on P1 back

The AWB is an additional parameter written in the metadata of a raw file. You will not lose any information if you shoot in other WB but the AWB parameter measured by the camera. However, it’s possible that you can get it back by clicking the magic wand icon in the c1 WB toolbox!
  3. H

It should not have any difference if the photo is shot in raw.
  4. H

Cool implementation! Thanks for the information! Another MFD camera known to have rgb AWB sensor is the Pentax 645z. But neither does it support C1 or exchangeable back.
  5. H

Thank you for your comment! I looked for the specs of HAP focusing system. Haven't found detailed information on its specs. If it uses a RGB sensor, then it's possible that the body can do it.
  6. H

Thank you guys! Daylight is helpful. I found AWB rendered the color temperature of landscape photos from 3000K to 8000+K! It's crazy. It seems that the daylight WB fixes the temperature to 5001k. No weird fluctuation anymore. Now I'm very curious how the other cameras estimate their WB. From my...
  7. H

I'm very pleased with the result of phase one IQ3 back. However, it looks like the automatic white balance is not their strength. If I shot in AWB, each time I have to correct the WB in C1. Is there any better way because literally, one has to remember how the lighting of that particular photo...
  8. H

Fun with MF images 2022

A movie still
  9. H

Fun with MF images 2022

Image was taken by a company named from K to K.
  10. H

Fun with MF images 2022

Sometimes you can use the dim light to create a vibe
  11. H

C1 for iPad announces tethering for all currently supported cameras (EXCEPT PHASE ONE)

Is it possible that the ipad os has limitations to implementing the driver? Unlike IQ4, all the other back P1 produced don't have a full operating system or universal file transfer protocol such as MTP or PTP. They have to rely on the proprietary protocol which comes with a driver. My guess is...
  12. H

What is your decision-making process when choosing your camera and lenses?

There are many things to weigh in. Like what folks said, the smoothness of the workflow from pressing the button to the final result. It depends on you what you value more. But there are still some commonalities, the workflow depends on darkroom software like Capture one. In the past, I have...
  13. H

M11 Images

Leica S3 is very good! I don't like GFX either. I think that's basically because I am from the film era. What they have promoted for their film look actually looks like a car crash scene to me.. When the pocket DC came out. Many had a film look. Then most of the big names in the industry...
  14. H

Fun with MF images 2022

Taken early this year
  15. H

Suggestions for Medium Format Camera with CCD Sensor. DISREGARD This Thread

I’m trying to provide a perspective why the myth ‘CCD look’ exists. A monochrome sensor actually captured something dependent on color. The primary takeaway is, in modern image sensor design, a cmos is more sensitive to blue while a ccd is more to red. It’ll be difficult to use a CFA or other...
  16. H

Suggestions for Medium Format Camera with CCD Sensor. DISREGARD This Thread

It’s not just about CFA, a CCD and a CMOS has a different response to the same spectrum. They have different sensitivity to the light even if it’s within the visible spectrum. Strictly speaking, even different CCD has different response. So technically, nothing is the same...
  17. H

IQ3 80 vs 60

I found that IQ3 and IQ1 are mostly the same in color. The IQ3 has a dedicated long exposure mode which is better than IQ2. https://www.captureintegration.com/ci-test-flashback-phase-one-iq360-vs-phase-one-iq380-long-exposure/ I would say they are not too different. And if you want just basic...