The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. vieri

NFTs - the way of the future?

In today's fast developing cryptoworld, NFT are gaining new followers, collectors and creators everyday. While there are people on both sides of the fence, lovers and haters, supporters and denigrators, believers and sceptics, it is clear to me that NFTs are here to stay - as are blockchain and...
  2. vieri

Phase One XT reviewed

Ladies & gentlemen, I just published my review of the Phase One XT, a revolutionary little camera that in my opinion changed tech cameras as we knew it, bringing them into the future. Thanks to adding electronic communication between the digital back & XT lenses equipped with the new X Shutter...
  3. vieri

Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 III and Canon 16-35mm f/4 IS reviewed on medium format

Always looking for great wide-angle options for my Hasselblad X1D, I decided to examine the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 III vs Canon 16-35mm f/4 IS. While I tested them on the Hasselblad X1D, the results will of course apply to FujiFilm GFX users as well, and have been surprisingly interesting. Both...
  4. vieri

Firmware 1.2.0 for the X1D II & 907x released!

Hasselblad just released their FW 1.2.0 update for the X1D II and 907x. This update adds a lot of features, see below for a list of what's new: ● Video recording: Expanding the imaging options of the X1D II, 2.7K (2720 x 1530) & HD (1920 x 1080p) video capture has been added. Video can be...
  5. vieri

Voigtlander Super-Wide Heliar 15mm v. III in-depth review on the Hasselblad X1D

Ladies & gentlemen, I just published my in-depth review of the little great Voigtlander Super-Wide Heliar 15mm v. III on the Hasselblad X1D! Especially given the lack of native ultra-wide angle options in the medium format world, this lens is a great option to have if you enjoy ultra-wide on...
  6. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I have put together a blog page with my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom. The page is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2020/04/hasselblad-xcd-35-75mm-f-3-5-4-5-in-depth-review.html Hasselblad claimed it to be one of the best lenses they...
  7. vieri

Nitecore UHX1 Pro vs Hasselblad Battery Charging Hub review

Ladies and gentlemen, I have put together a blog page with my compared review of Nitecore UHX1 Pro dual battery charger for the Hasselblad X1D versus Hasselblad's own Battery Charging Hub. The page is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/09/nitecore-hasselblad-x1d-dual-charger-review.html...
  8. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 65mm f/2.8 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I have put together a blog page with my in-depth impressions of the Hasselblad XCD 65mm f/2.8. The page is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/09/hasselblad-xcd-65mm-f-2-8-in-depth-review.html In short, the lens is amazing at infinity, a little less sharp at close...
  9. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 135mm f/2.8 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 135mm f/2.8, both with and without the X Converter 1.7. The page is here: https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2019/08/hasselblad-xcd-135mm-f-2-8-in-depth-review.html In short, the lens is spectacular both without the...
  10. vieri

Medium Format Magazine, August 2019

Hello everyone, just a quick note to let you know that Medium Format magazine's August 2019 issue is out, with my first column on! Here Olaf Sztaba's announcement: MEDIUM FORMAT MAGAZINE - AUGUST 2019 The August issue of the Medium Format Magazine is here! From a fascinating opening piece...
  11. vieri

Hasselblad X1D II review

Ladies and gentlemen, for a little Sunday read, I just posted my first impression review of the Hasselblad X1D II. Without revealing too much, I think the camera is improved on pretty much all counts :) Read on to find out all about the changes and improvements brought by this new iteration of...
  12. vieri

I'll be on Medium Format Magazine!

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published my latest Blog post with some reflections on the state of Internet publishing, as well as with some truly exciting news: I am honoured to announce that I will be writing for Medium Format Magazine! Follow the link to read the article...
  13. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 90mm f/3.2 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I just posted my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 90mm, fourth of my series dedicated to Hasselblad XCD lenses. Without spoiling the fun, let me just say that this lens is really something :) Read on to find out all about this short tele for the Hasselblad X1D...
  14. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/3.5 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published my in-depth review of the Hasselblad XCD 45mm f/3.5. This is a truly amazing lens, and while I wasn't surprised by the results, after having used it for so long, I still found its performance hard to believe. Read on to find out what I thought about this...
  15. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 30mm f/3.5 In-Depth review

For a little weekend reading, for those of you interested I just published my second in-depth review of Hasselblad lenses, this time featuring the Hasselblad XCD 30mm. Read on to find out what I thought of this lens...
  16. vieri

Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 in-depth review

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published my Hasselblad XCD 21mm f/4 in-depth review, the first of a series of reviews that will examine all Hasselblad XCD lenses I own. Read on to find out what I thought of the Hasselblad XCD 21mm, the widest native medium format lens available on the market...
  17. vieri

A landscape photographer's Hasselblad X1D review

Ladies and gentlemen, for a little Sunday read, and for those interested, I just published my Hasselblad X1D review, seen under a landscape photographer's perspective. As a landscape photographer, my in-depth Hasselblad X1D review will mainly deal with the use of the camera for a pretty...
  18. vieri

Environmental protection and landscape photography

Ladies and gentlemen, I just published a new blog article about something I deeply care about and that I have been thinking about for a long time now. As landscape photographers, we love the environment: however, we also contribute in no small part to its destruction. In the blog article below...
  19. vieri

Farewell Leica...

It was a truly difficult decision to make, but I am very happy I did it: I resigned from being a Leica Ambassador and Certified by Leica photographer. Read all about it in this article: https://vieribottazzini.com/2019/01/a-new-chapter-ahead-farewell-leica.html Of course, I will keep following...
  20. vieri

Certified by Leica

Great news today on the Blog! I am honoured to announce that I have been invited to join the new “Certified by Leica” network of professional photographers since its very start in October 2018. Follow the link to read the article: https://vieribottazzini.com/2018/11/certified-by-leica.html...