The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Getting a 120 macro set up for product work

I have a Rodenstock 120 apo macro sironar in a Copal 0, and use it for images up to about 1:1. Mounted on an AS Monolith, it's a superb lens but I am really missing an electronic shutter for this application. I do have a spare Rollei shutter lying around so I could get th is lens mounted into...
  2. C

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes, I just sits.
  3. C

FS: 8 x 10 Sinar P2 with accessories, $3500

I have my 8 x 10 gear for sale as a group in an earlier post. I am getting requests to break out the camera, lenses, and darkroom equipment. Here is the camera system, priced at US$3500 plus shipping. Note, the 200 mm Grandagon shown is not part of the sale. Other than that, it includes...
  4. C

Extensive Sinar 8 x 10 kit, P2 camera, lenses, Jobo film processor, etc.

Much as I hate to admit it, I no longer use 8 x 10 film. The time has come to pass it on. I would like to try selling it all together at first. If that does not pan out, I will look at splitting it up. US$8000 for everything. All in excellent condition, except the ATL 2200 processor. It is...
  5. C

Technical Camera Images

IQ180, Rodie 70 HR, parallel movements, some lens tilt 1934 Auburn
  6. C

Phase 1 and pixel shift, ms, whatever

Some years ago, I used a 50 MP Hasselblad MS camera for a while. Sure, the MS feature had limited application but, when it could be used, it was an obvious leap in image quality. It was so good that I ended up using it whenever I had static objects - this despite the extra time and trouble it...
  7. C

USB3 cables

I have a generic USB3 cable I got at my local computer outlet. It works well enough for tethering the IQ180 with my Surface Pro 2 computer, but is getting kinked and twisted to I thought I would replace it. In a fit of fashion awareness, I bought a lovely orange Tether Tools cable. With that...
  8. C

Technical Camera Images

It's 16' C out there. Convertible weather for Canadians. Rodie 135, IQ180, Monolith. Using my new "Platypod" to get low.
  9. C

holiday cards

Anyone got any seasonal cards they've sent out? Here's a couple I've used.
  10. C

Technical Camera Images

Getting seasonal. Froggie goes a-giftin'. IQ180, Monolith, 135mm, some stacking
  11. C

Technical Camera Images

The critic. Apo Digitar 210, IQ180, Monolith
  12. C

Arca FPS

Speaking with my dealer, I am told that the Arca FP has been out for some nine months now. This is not the internal shutter - which will be available real soon now :watch:- but the focal plane shutter. I have yet to see a single report from anyone using this. Any experiences?
  13. C

FS: RBL (Really Big Lens) Rodenstock Grandagon 200mm MC f6.8

While my large format work has tailed off, I have kept this lens just because it is so ... different. The Grandagon 200 retailed for somewhere in the high $4K range when new. That price meant that very few were sold and they are rare today. This one was bought by a photographer who passed it...
  14. C

flash bracket for Profoto B2

I am thinking of a B2 single head unit to allow me to get into some small spaces that my D1 and D4 heads won't fit. Not the ideal solution (low output) but should do while keeping everything on the Air system. I know how to use that, and I find fancy flash controllers as challenging as the old...
  15. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Study in steely gray. A7RII / Zeiss 35mm 1.4
  16. C

Arca eshutter????

Anyone know what is going on with the Arca FP, CS, DM and so forth - all the eshutter bits. Looked rather good when announced a year ago. Now, vanished. Looks like Arcashop even took down their preliminary item description. Is there a sad story here? Glad I kept my Rollei gear.
  17. C

Sony A7R, excellent, $1,100

Yes, I am drinking the A7R-II Koolaid. Mine is on order and my A7R is available. With original box, battery, docs, little plastic thingie for the flash socket, strap (I have to find that but it's here). I shoot mainly MF so this camera was lightly used (3150 actuations). Finish is excellent...
  18. C

FS: Zeiss Biogon 2/35 ZM, includes haze filter and hood. $750

In excellent condition, about two years old and I can't recall when I last used it. Certainly used very little. Includes B&W F-Pro haze filter (which has always been on it) and Zeiss hood. All original boxes and paperwork. Lens is in Canada, will ship elsewhere. Price is US$.
  19. C

Different things with a shared character

Somehow, these remind me of each other. Anyone else care to juxtapose?
  20. C

Arca shutter details?

I understand AS are continuing to develop the new eshutter system, now hoping for availability in spring sometime. I am considering whether to wait and order a lens or two in the new shutter or stick with Copal despite the availability issues. It would help to know a bit more.before making...