The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Jacob, Ed is far and away the expert on this, but my first trip to Caddo I stayed at a hotel in Marshall, TX (about 25 min away). I was not aware of it at the time but the park also has cabins and a campground. There is a pier that goes out into the water that provides a variety of shootings...
  2. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

I have since sold my H6D, but still have my H4D-40, I have never had a camera that I thought handled skin tones better right out of camera. I have the 210 as well and it is an excellent lens!
  3. Greg Haag

the agony

Congratulations, that is awesome!! I look forward to seeing some images!
  4. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Beautiful images, thanks for sharing!
  5. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Generally it is such a pain for me to clean up my Lightroom catalog and see what I think no longer deserves to be in there, but occasional I run across a file like this that lifts my spirit. This is my youngest daughter patiently waiting for me to finish, my daughters are the only ones who...
  6. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Thank you Warren, beautiful example of it in use!
  7. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Warren, how do you like your Rodenstock 50HR, that is the next lens on my list.
  8. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Ran across this image from 2009 while cleaning up my Lightroom catalog (taken with Hasselblad H2D). Tom McDonald, a friend of our family retired from photography after maybe 40 years of photography, we stored his negatives for him until the local university took charge of them. I was reminded...
  9. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Black Bayou is on my list in the near future, I have to make a work trip to Baton Rouge soon and was hoping to scout it out then. BTW, I love your gallery, I saw it this weekend when we went to Crystal Bridges!
  10. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Ed, this was from Caddo Lake State Park in Mill Pond, there is a T shaped boardwalk that goes out into the pond. It would be a great spot to park and launch your kayak, from there you could shoot a variety of areas in the pond or head out into Big Cypress Bayou. If I were guessing, it is...
  11. Greg Haag

Rodenstock 138mm Float

Great review Dave, thank you for taking the time and also for sharing!
  12. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

One of the shots that's on my bucket list of shots is to use intentional camera movement shooting Aspen trees, I hope to do that this fall. Thanks for sharing!
  13. Greg Haag

Fun with MF images

Took a road trip with my oldest daughter this weekend to explore a potential school for her to get her Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art, my quest to entice her to pursue landscape photography so far has been unsuccessful. Anyway, I digress, in some of my down time I have gone thru old images...
  14. Greg Haag

IPhone Photos

My daughter and I visited Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, AR for the first time today, it is worth visiting if you find yourself in the area.
  15. Greg Haag

Lens Suggestion for SL Portraits

Depending on your shooting environment, I have found the Lumix S Pro 70-200mm to be an excellent lens.
  16. Greg Haag

How Good are the Panasonic L lenses on SL

I have the Lumix S1R with the 24-105, 50mm and the 70-200. I have been pleased with the camera and all three lenses as it relates to image quality.
  17. Greg Haag

Behind the scenes

Stephen, I set my camera to manual and my focus to manual and the focus during the shoot always stays the same. If anything about my manual settings on the camera change it is only the shutter speed, but when I shot with flash, even that stayed the same.
  18. Greg Haag

IQ4 Live View Overexpose

I wonder if there is some way to calibrate these so that they match?
  19. Greg Haag

IQ4 Live View Overexpose

Frank, hopefully someone can help with this, I have a similar but opposite problem, my live view is much too dark and my histogram is not accurate. Maybe it is as simple as I have something set wrong? Shot of live view Actual shot
  20. Greg Haag

Behind the scenes

Steven, Sorry about the delay in getting this done, but I shot and compiled 16 flash images last night to give you an idea about what I was trying to describe earlier. These were shot at 1/125th of a second at f16 and ISO50 under bright ambient light (photo included to clarify). I have also...